News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

TTi Exhaust Systems...

Started by Shakey, September 23, 2005, 06:31:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shakey

Thinking abouy buying a complete system from manifolds to tips for my '69 R/T SE 440 AT which is around 400hp.

Anybody used this system?  Your thoughts:

pros or cons

who else should I consider

did you install it yourself

H-pipe or X-pipe

are their exhaust tips the same or better or worse than anyone else's

2.5" or 3"

Feedback is appreciated, thanks.

ron73440

I used tti for my 500hp 440, 1-7/8"- 3" headers and a 3" exhaust with the H pipe. I left the plain turn down tips 'cause they match the rest of the car(not fancy, but badass). Only con was the price, did the work myself, pretty straight forward install, Personally, I love 'em, the Dynomax mufflers make a wicked rumble.
I LIKE BEER!!!
USMC

Just 6T9 CHGR

I went with an Accurate LTD setup.   I sacrificed a few HP for a cleaner, more stock appearing product.

www.accurateltd.com
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Silver R/T

2 headers with 3 exhaust and X pipe is way to go for anything 500+hp
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

FourSpeedRT

I used TTI's 2.5 H pipe system with tips for manifolds. Had a buddy come by and help install. Very nice fit,and looks/sounds awsome. I went with the big Thrush Turbos instead of the Dynomax's....just a little nicer sound  IMHO......

BrianShaughnessy

1 7/8 headers, 3" X system here.  Good fitting stuff.  I like it...  I like it a lot.   Sounds good.

As far as tips,  their tips fit their pipes and they use their own method of hanging the tailpipes at the rear as opposed to the regular factory way with the hangers on the tips themselves.

You just need to decide if you want a correct factory looking exhaust or a good HP exhaust...  If you want factory look get Accurate LTD.

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

hotrod98

If you order TTI, ask them how long it will take. The headers for my crate hemi took 9 weeks to get.
I think Layson's may have been at least part of the problem though.
It took so long, that I took on a customer job and haven't had the time to install them. If they had only taken a week or so, my car would be on the road right now instead of waiting on me to finish this customer job. I have to say that they look good.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

chargermick

I'm very happy with my TTI's. Make sure you get the 1-7/8" and not the 1-3/4". The 1-3/4" layed right against my passenger side torsion bar. I will give credit to TTI, they exchanged them without any argument. Really it was my mistake because I'm the one who ordered the 1-3/4". I dealt with Sam, a really great guy who cared about helping me with my problem. I found the best price at Baxter Dodge in Omaha. Talk to John Caimbridge, their parts manager and a Mopar guy.Phone number is 402-397-8400. I also got the dynomax muffs, and I hate them. I'm going with the Flowmasters next spring.

BigBlockSam

i went to my local exhaust place with a picture of a tti exhaust. $265 later it looks great and sounds great.i'm happy, oh yea the hooker headerrs cost about $170
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Bluebeast

I ordered mine through Mancini Racing and they were drop shipped from the TTI factory in California. They took about a week to get to my house. In my opinion, they are fantastic!. Great clearance and improved performance. There isn't as much of a rumble (which to many people is good, especially when we're on the highway at the high RPM's) but there is still a deep, throaty sound to them.
1970 Dodge Charger 500 SE 4speed

mopar_madman

I ordered mine through Promax at one of the shows, they were doing a free shipping special. Got the 2.5 system for the 73 had it in a couple of weeks. I installed it myself went easy but would have been easier with another pair of hands.
1973 Dodge Charger
1968 Plymouth Road Runner
1971 Dodge Dart Swinger

firefighter3931

Hey Mike, the tti mandrel bent stuff is real nice. A 2.5in x-pipe system would serve you needs just fine. If you're going with manifolds just give TTI the casting numbers and they'll build a true bolt-on system for you. The dynomax superturbos are a nice sounding muffler...Rob has them on the 408 stroker in his Cuda....not too loud but a nice rumble when you drop the hammer.   :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

cudaken

They do cost, but best TTI are fitting header and I have installed. Next best are my Hookers super comps.

Cuda Ken

I am back

BigBlockSam

i think tti headers are a work of art . i helped my buddy put his in . they fit great and look aw some. yea they are expensive
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

MoparYoungGun

I think TTI has got to be the best mony can buy when it comes to exhaust. Depending upon your combo, I would either run 1 7/8in headers and a 2.5in x-pipe system or 2in headers and a 3in x-pipe system. Good luck :cheers: !

Shakey

Quote from: firefighter3931 on September 25, 2005, 09:59:15 AM
Hey Mike, the tti mandrel bent stuff is real nice. A 2.5in x-pipe system would serve you needs just fine. If you're going with manifolds just give TTI the casting numbers and they'll build a true bolt-on system for you. The dynomax superturbos are a nice sounding muffler...Rob has them on the 408 stroker in his Cuda....not too loud but a nice rumble when you drop the hammer.   :2thumbs:

Ron

Hi Ron,

I will be going with manifolds.  I know the x-pipe is only $50.00 CDN more, is it worth it?  Will I notice a difference?  I do plan on 2.5" system.

I am pretty sure Rich from Rudy Held's in New Hamburg told me the system will come with all of the hardware, correct to the factory parts - is that true?

firefighter3931

Quote from: Shakey on September 25, 2005, 07:17:00 PM
Quote from: firefighter3931 on September 25, 2005, 09:59:15 AM

Ron

Hi Ron,

I will be going with manifolds.   I know the x-pipe is only $50.00 CDN more, is it worth it?   Will I notice a difference?   I do plan on 2.5" system.

I am pretty sure Rich from Rudy Held's in New Hamburg told me the system will come with all of the hardware, correct to the factory parts - is that true?

Hi Mike, the x-pipe is worth it, especially with the manifolds. The x-pipe helps with scavenging and reduces intake charge dilution. This keeps the mixture cleaner and purer which makes more power. The 2.5in system is ideal for your application....3in is too big.

The tti setup uses the factory hanger locations but incorporates their own style hangers which are different from stock. Make sure you get all the tti hardware when you order the exhaust system.

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs