News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Seat track question

Started by firefighter3931, August 20, 2007, 06:37:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

firefighter3931

Hey guys, i'm going to install the correct highback buckets in my 70 R/T which currently has 69 bucket seats installed. The 70 seats did not come with seat tracks so the big question is whether or not i can use the seat tracks that are on the 69 seats for the 70 buckets.  :scratchchin:

I haven't pulled the 69 seats out yet....car is in storage and the 70 highbacks are at the uppolstry shop as we speak. Just wonderin if i need to start searching.  :shruggy:

Thanks, Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Ghoste

I think they're different part numbers but that doesn't always mean much when it comes to interchange.

jlb1pi

Hey Ron!

Ghoste is right about the part numbers being different. My Interchange Book shows 8 different part numbers for the two years of seat rails (tracks) and according to it, you aren't even supposed to be able to put the 69 seats into a 70 or vice versa!!

So he's also right about the interchanges being possible when the book says it ain't!

I have all those part numbers if you need them, just let me know, but if it worked one way, it ought to work the other!

Jerry.

Mike DC

If you wanna sell 'em, I know a guy with a '69 Charger who needs some original front buckets for it.  (Short-sighted previous owner strikes again.)

Just 6T9 CHGR

Ron I would say not because of the width/length of the 69 bottoms is larger than the 70.

I know for a fact that the 69 6-way seat track is different from the 70 because of the difference in size....
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

firefighter3931

Thanks for the feedback guys. I guess the answer will be clear when i pull the seats out of the car and test fit the tracks on the 70 buckets....from the sounds of things it won't be a good swap. I kinda figured that but  haven't looked at the 69 buckets close enough to be sure.  :P

Mike, the seats are going to another member for his 69 rt/se car that is going back to stock. R2 (Doug) has some race buckets in his car that need to come out and the correct seats swapped back in. These are the correct s/e buckets for his car in the right color.  :2thumbs:

Doug also plans to detune the stroker a bit and put the 4 speed back in.  :icon_smile_big:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs