News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Do you think the vinyl top on this '68 supposed to be black?

Started by bull, August 20, 2007, 12:37:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

Ghoste

I can't recall seeing one either but black and tan would make for an interesting combo IMO.

JMF

I suppose it could be white, when the sun bleaches white it always goes that horrible yellowy color, plus the years of grime and dirt

Ghoste

To me, it looks as though the interior cold be tan as well though?

Ghoste

You mean the top or the interior?  The ad calls the interior black so that pretty much answers my question.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Looks faded black to be but ask for a pic of the tag....
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

70 Charger RT

70 Charger R/T - 440/6
07 BMW 328iS
04 GMC SLE 2500 Diesel

Harlow

Could be an aftermarket top. My satellite had a copper padded vinyl top put on in the 80's.

Troy

Well, I am 99% sure it isn't a factory tan top since the only vinyl top colors available in 68 were white, black, and green. It may have been "customized" at some point (see the tail panel) or it's a black top that's really faded. If it's all black that would be an interesting one to have.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Chris G.

Looks faded green to me. Here's my old car with a faded green top.

Ghoste

JMF

Whatever way you look at it I think the new owner will be removing it

Nacho-RT74

me likey tan top and tan interior on black Charger with black gloss ( or black reflective ) stripes :D

BTW I think is burnt black top. Maybe if interior was green will be toward to green top, so still I think black top.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html