News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

MoparStuart's Convertible Superbird Project Pic's

Started by MOPARHOUND!, August 17, 2007, 01:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparstuart

Quote from: 1hot68 on July 28, 2008, 09:48:09 PM
You should have her running again by the weekend huh?  :D
i DO HAVE A LIFE ALSO ,  going to kentucky this weekend for the TDC meet can't neglect the chargers  , have to spend equal time with both dodges and plymouths  or they act up  :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: moparstuart on July 28, 2008, 09:53:12 PM
Quote from: 1hot68 on July 28, 2008, 09:48:09 PM
You should have her running again by the weekend huh?  :D
i DO HAVE A LIFE ALSO ,  going to kentucky this weekend for the TDC meet can't neglect the chargers  , have to spend time with both dodges and plymouths  or they act up  :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

Ah , come on you can do it! just skip some sleep!!  :nana:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

aussiemuscle

Quotemoparstuart wrote:
  Piston came right out no scoring on the wall and the rings looked great. It was just the rod broke right in the middle . Six pac rod freaky deal ?
No kidding. my brother had a slant six in his 67 valiant. it fractured a pushrod and didnt know until he took it to the garage to find what the tappet noise was... :slap:
made chrysler tough

btw, i've loved reading your story about the build (all 16 pages, lol)

moparstuart

Quote from: aussiemuscle on July 29, 2008, 02:11:13 AM
Quotemoparstuart wrote:
  Piston came right out no scoring on the wall and the rings looked great. It was just the rod broke right in the middle . Six pac rod freaky deal ?
No kidding. my brother had a slant six in his 67 valiant. it fractured a pushrod and didnt know until he took it to the garage to find what the tappet noise was... :slap:
made chrysler tough

btw, i've loved reading your story about the build (all 16 pages, lol)
thanks you very much , it was tough but all worth it !

moparstuart

The motor is all assembled and they are painting it tonight. Sorry no picture the shop is 45 minutes away so i didnt go over. Quintin is going over there thursday to help them detail the engine compartment . We both will go over sunday and get the motor back in the brdible . Should be running again next week . More picture soon !!! i

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: moparstuart on August 05, 2008, 08:21:04 PM
The motor is all assembled and they are painting it tonight. Sorry no picture the shop is 45 minutes away so i didnt go over. Quintin is going over there thursday to help them detail the engine compartment . We both will go over sunday and get the motor bacl in the brdible . Should be running again next week . More picture soon !!! i

Awesome!!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

moparstuart

I cant wait to drive it again , convertible  yeah   

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: moparstuart on August 05, 2008, 08:51:45 PM
I cant wait to drive it again , convertible  yeah   

Its a VERY cool car, I cant wait to see it!!

66chargerkid

Well today quintin went over to leos shop to clean up all the oil my father blew all ove rthe engine compartment :slap:
So here are some good pics of the motor and where I had cleaned all the crap up  :2thumbs:

66chargerkid

This is the motor assembled
Oh ya and they fixed the pan and it doesn't leak!
The picture of the valley pan is where it got hot.
So leo (the assembler) hooked open the heat riser permanentley so that it doesn't get too warm!

66chargerkid

There is the pic of the coffee table =)

66chargerkid

Its really clean now!

66chargerkid

This is when we were priming the pump.
70 psi of oil pressure  :2thumbs:
The plate in the last pic of the is for when we put the motor in the birdable  :cheers:

moparstuart

awesome it gets installed sunday afternoon !   YEAH
:METAL: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :dance: :dance: :drive: :drive:

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: 66chargerkid on August 07, 2008, 04:29:23 PM
The plate in the last pic of the is for when we put the motor in the birdable  :cheers:

My engines always have a gauge similar to that, even wheb its in the car. I use the fitting right on the other side of the stock sending unit hole....Its nice to have a mechanical gauge there to keep the electric one in the dash in check.

moparstuart

Quote from: 1hot68 on August 07, 2008, 04:43:09 PM
Quote from: 66chargerkid on August 07, 2008, 04:29:23 PM

My engines always have a gauge similar to that, even wheb its in the car. I use the fitting right on the other side of the stock sending unit hole....Its nice to have a mechanical gauge there to keep the electric one in the dash in check.
thats a great idea I never thought of that . they are cheap and the hole is there !!!!!!

moparstuart

OK we went over to Leo's shop today @ 3:00 oclock and had the motor back down in the birdible by 4:00 oclock

BB1

Delete my profile

moparstuart

:popcrn:  leaving the nose cone on was a pain see we jakced the rear of the car way up on the lift.  I did work !

moparstuart

:drool5:

moparstuart

:popcrn: :drool5:

moparstuart

:popcrn: :drool5:  it's in

moparstuart

:smilielol: :drool5: getting the tranny crossmember lined up !

moparstuart

:popcrn: :drool5:   took a peek in side the covered car window