News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

MoparStuart's Convertible Superbird Project Pic's

Started by MOPARHOUND!, August 17, 2007, 01:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparstuart

I talked with wayne perkins and he does infact remember walking to dave( nascarxx29)'s buick wagon and purchasing the wing that is now on my car .

here is how wayne remembered it

How cool!  I was parked at the north end of the Nats, and he was parked clear outside on the south end. We had to take the seat out to get the wing out from under it.  Then carry it about a mile. 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

66chargerkid

nascarxx29

Im glad it found a good home congrats Stuart .I rescued it from a guy who wanted it on his elcamino pick up
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

sunroofsuperbird

Your car looks great maybe one day we will be at a show together it would be great to get some pics with them together as they look so close alike.
Some of My Mopars
69 Charger R/T 4x4
71 Challenger R/T stationwagon
70 Sunroof superbird clone
70 Superbird conv
69 Daytona 4X4 clone
68 GTX conv
71 Challenger conv pace car
70 Swinger Conv
2 78 Aspen Super Coupes
78 Aspen Super Coupe Sedan Delivery
80 Aspen Load Runner wagon
67 Fury 6 door limo wagon
76 Aspen R/T sunroof
38 dodge street rod
40 Dodge Tk street rod
and many more projects

Magnumcharger

1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

Magnumcharger

And a link to a previous thread on a related topic:
"Winged cars in the convertible state"
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,12212.0.html
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

moparstuart

thats awesome  thanks for posting that link   I love seeing those cars

learical1

Bruce

moparstuart

Hey sunroof nice to see that white reflective stripe on the deck lid lip.  love that stripe and had to have it on mine also

moparstuart

i always loved this picture

66chargerkid

hopefully it will be up and driving soon. Then we can go work on my car next =)

pettybird

Quote from: 66chargerkid on September 23, 2007, 08:19:56 PM
hopefully it will be up and driving soon. Then we can go work on my car next =)

righty tighty, left loosy--get crackalackin', boy.

moparstuart

it's going just dont have anyplace to drive it to show off at the minute so i'm not in a hurry to screw something up .
So we are making sure we do it right before we start it.  Motors been sitting 6 years and the trans also .  Fresh 6 years ago but just being careful now.

66chargerkid

no offense doug but i am young.... not retarded  :nana:

pettybird

moparstuart

some times i wonder about him , but then I wonder about you to petty bird

66chargerkid

Aw cmon doug dont be that way  :icon_smile_big: Im educated for a 15 year old.

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

moparstuart

yes thank goodness I would have to disown him .  He still sometimes has goofy ideas i have to try to redirect like thumper sub boxes . NO NO NO.

Ok i'm starting my Insurance search for an Agreed value policy .  What inflated value in your guys opinion should I insure my bird convert. at . Bare in mind this car has original super bird parts Nose ,fenders, hood , wing, and all nice hi dollars options . a/c a/c firewall and complete rally a/c dash , power window's /locks keyless entry , wood sterring wheel , air grabber hood , front disc brakes  console..  and just about everything new on the car.  new motor 440/6 with newly reman holley carbs, new reman 727 auto , newly reman 8 3/4 3:55 suregrip, new supension, new brakes and lines, new fuel lines, enery wiring harness is brand new in the car. 

please help I have an apprasier to do the job, but clone are in a different league so i need so ideas so i dont under value it .   

The70RT

See what your appraiser says. Describe to him what it has and go from there. It will be hard for any insurance co. to go for more than what your appraisal is.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

moparstuart

yes but i can get the appraiser to quote just about anything I want within reason I just need some more experts opinion from you guys because you are around theses cars and know what they go for and know the market better . I dont want to pay to overvalue it but i really dont want to under value it because with original parts on it I can't replace most of those parts ???????

moparstuart

PocketThunder

Quote from: moparstuart on October 01, 2007, 01:30:55 PM
  no one else has any insurance thoughts ????

Ok Stu, if someone walks up to you at a car show and says "how much?"  what would you say?   Even though its not for sale, everyone here has thought to themself one time or another about what it would take.  Sure my cars not for sale but if someone wants to give me twice what its worth, then its gone.  What would it take to sell your bird?  $100,000?  If so then tell the insurance company $50,000. 
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

hemigeno

Well, I guess from a simplistic point of view, just add up the current market cost of the individual components.  If it gets much over, say, $30k or $40k you might have a difficult time of getting an Agreed Value policy written without an "independent" appraisal or other backup documentation.

The value of the original parts you have installed on your car is what elevates it above most other clones.  That's what I would try and focus on when talking with the insuror or their agent to establish a value.  Try talking to the underwriter direct - I've had very good luck answering their questions directly.

What do you think the value of the car would be without the Aero add-ons?

moparstuart

Thanks that helps the appraiserr will write it for what ever i want. Figuring to replace the car like 50k , converts are getting harder to find  I know i will never ever be able to replace the nose, fenders ,and hood in oem. Maybe I can have a nose made ?