News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Just for fun: worst movie/TV shows of all time?..

Started by Brock Samson, August 16, 2007, 01:00:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70charger_boy

Quote from: dongar69 on August 22, 2007, 08:22:01 AM
imo  absolute worst movie........Going overboard with Adam Sandler
One of my favorites,albeit stupid, Joe Dirt.

I liked Joe Dirt.  It's one of those movies you think will suck, but it's actually ok.  Also, another movie I thought would suck was JUST FRIENDS with that kid from Van Wilder

Old Moparz

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on August 21, 2007, 11:24:30 PM

No way!  Napoleon Dynamite was awesome!
It was a cheapo small-time movie from a no-name director that made it big on its own quirkyness. 

And it was derivative of NOTHING. 
I think that counts for a lot in this day & age.  Almost everything else in pop-culture is just one big remake/homage/take-off after another.

I thought that movie was great too, & mostly because some of it was so dumb it was funny. My 8 year old daughter sat in on it with me one night, & she liked it as well. There's a song, or maybe a few songs in it, from a CD by Jack Johnson that she has. She was pretty excited to hear music from something she already had. Even though some of the humor went over her head, there was enough she understood to keep her entertained. She's also a Monty Python fan now, & has watched the Holy Grail several times.   :D

As long as you bring up movies about nothing, how about "Clerks"? I rented that one years ago & thought it was really good. I agree, too many remakes, or just movies without any originality are being made. Same goes for TV & that's why I don't watch it. You could turn on any TV show that's current, & probably see a line, a situation, or a whole skit, taken right from an old episode of "I Love Lucy" or "The Honeymooners" or anything else from that era. Even the old slapstick comedies have been recycled.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

bordin34

Quote from: Brock Samson on August 22, 2007, 12:23:04 AM
i saw superbad yesterday and i liked it ALOT!  :popcrn:
I saw it also I was laughing the whole time. The "drawing" problem was so funny.
The Absolute worst movies ever are those High School Musicals

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

Brock Samson

Great acting in Superbad, i liked the school, party and store scenes alot but the stuff with the cops was waaaaaay over the top,.. BTW:  i think they call them "Comming of Age" movies.
anyhow the cop scenes played more like science fiction... but i like to see fresh faces in the movies... I'm so tired of them using the same actors in movies year after year,.. pretty soon they forget how to act and just phone it in... and you don't get characters or any character development. they end the movie just like they started it... same as the last movie they were in... Adam is a good example... so many of the hollywood A list actors are the kids of previous actors, kinda like NASCAR,.. but in hollywood sometimes they change their names to throw you off. ...  :lol: like they got the gig cause they're such good actors..   :shruggy:

19Charger68

I quit going to movies a few years ago.  Why pay all that money for a movie that may stink, put up with all the jabbering of the other people, pay twenty dollars for snacks when in a short period of time you can watch it in the comfort of your home on a big screen with surround sound.  Netflix beats going to the movies by a long shot.
Bruce

Brock Samson

sometimes it's worth it for a first run show or if you lack the home theater tech. for  the big screen experiance... especailly these hi-tech fantasy or Scxi-Fi stories like LOTR or WOTW (lord of the rings/War of the Worlds)...
I saw 300 on the IMAX and that was simply awsome evern if the movie did take some pretty liberal liberties with historical facts but who knows what the facts were about that situation...  :shruggy: still as an experiance that was worth the wait, hassle and money...
but i probably see 25 movies at home from either DVD or Dish/Starzs for every one i see in a theater,.. it is expensive though...
But so's a State of the Art Home theater...

:scratchchin: Hmmmm,..? what kind of hook up you got anyhow?...  :icon_smile_wink:

Guns N Rotors

THE absolute worst movie EVER made. :brickwall:
"Only the spirit of attack, born in a brave heart, will bring success to any fighting aircraft, no matter how highly developed it may be."

The70RT

Batman returns..........i fell asleep in the move theatre.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Manfred318

I kinda liked Starship Troopers. I also liked Clerks and Clerks II. 
The Reaping was pretty bad, but not as god awful and boring as The Wicker Man. It took me 3 tries before I made it all the way through that one.

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.

440AirForce

I would have to say TOP GUN is the one movie I can't sit through.

Yes, I was disappointed at Lost in Space. The first 15 miutes was good, but then WTF? :Twocents:
Whether or not I'm good at English is inimportant!

69bronzeT5

I wonder what people would say if I said Dukes Of Hazzard: The Beginning is the BEST MOVIE EVER! :2thumbs:

:popcrn:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Old Moparz

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on August 23, 2007, 03:22:27 AM
I wonder what people would say if I said Dukes Of Hazzard: The Beginning is the BEST MOVIE EVER! :2thumbs:

Probably that you might be the Rain Man's nephew.     :D
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Chargen69

Quote from: Old Moparz on August 23, 2007, 07:41:19 AM

Probably that you might be the Rain Man's nephew.     :D

:smilielol:

Mike DC

I love Top Gun. 

It was pure uncompromising cheese, but it was also well-done enough to really function as a guilty pleasure.

CaptMarvel

Quote from: Brock Samson on August 16, 2007, 01:00:25 PM
The idea for this topic came to me just now while watching "Lost In Space" the movie... OH MY GOODNESS, WHAT A DOG!  :RantExplode:

As far as movies that were based on old favorites, yes, Lost in Space and the Wild Wild West were dissapointments. The LIS movie tried to follow the original first 5 episodes of the series with all its pioneers in space elements, but they didnt need to make the Robinson family so disfunctional; then they got really off track with the Dr. Smith spider monster/time portal nonsense. WWW was just garbage all the way.  :yesnod:

pettyfan43

That you are ENTIRELY too young to drink!!!!!!!!!!!

Mean 318

Napoleon Dynamite
The Grudge
The Ring
An American Haunting- Rent it and watch it with friends... it sucks so bad it is fun!
Premonition

Jon Smith

QuoteI saw 300 on the IMAX and that was simply awsome evern if the movie did take some pretty liberal liberties with historical facts but who knows what the facts were about that situation...

I wouldn't worry too much about historical inaccuracy in a film based on a comic with mutants and giant elephants in it  ;D

70charger_boy

pettyfan43

Get Schmidt with (GOD this hurts to say) Jack Nicholson!  Absolutely unwatchable!

The third Smokey and the Bandit flick HOLY CRAP that was AWFUL!!!!!!!!!!!

JR

Nacho Libre. I got dragged to the theater to watch that piece of crap. I kept waiting for it to actually get funny. Or unsucky. Neither has happened yet.

Since were talking tv shows too, I'd like to add "Robot P. Coltrane" and "visitor" episodes of the Dukes of Hazzard. What a terrible embarrasment to the show. Not that it was solid gold before but damn, those two were bad.
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

Brock Samson

How about the most recent KING KONG with Jack Black? i guess some of the creatures were ok especially the giant cock roaches and mud worm scean, but I really do think three T-Rexs would be feasting on 'ol Kong,... about four times i expected frodo to come out and battle some Orcs,.. O.K.  I was willing to forgive that stuff but when the cutie pie Fae Ray character (and she was cute  :yesnod: )started ham boneing for the Big Ape I chocked on my raisen ette and required the heimlick manuver, and not in a good way. no one was with me so i had to run out to my charger belt myself in and go run into a wall...  :brickwall:

That pink cartoon alien trix bunny in the Lost in space movie was the last straw and it was allready plenty bad before that, i never seen anything as idiotic since Jar Jar Binks...  :slap:

Brock Samson

Orange_Crush

Okay, here is the list:

-Ishtar
-Some piece of crap w/ richard Gere, Uma Thurman, and Kim Basinger that I walked out on
-Satisfaction (remember?  Justine Bateman's movie debut...and swan song?)...that movie was so bad it made me dump the chick who wanted me to watch it with her.
-The Wraith...It was unwatchable in spite of the cool cars

I ain't got time for pain, the only pain I got time for is the pain i put on fools how don't know what time it is.