News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Man In The Wild & Survivor Man

Started by The70RT, August 13, 2007, 02:33:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The70RT

Has anyone seen the two and compared? The man in the wild makes his way out and actually does stuff to survive that other idiot stays in one place till his shit runs out....what a joke. Last night he had to eat scorpions and drink condensation from his pee to survive. I bet the man in the wild is laughing his ass off!!
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Ponch ®

Quote from: The70RT on August 13, 2007, 02:33:50 PM
Has anyone seen the two and compared? The man in the wild makes his way out and actually does stuff to survive that other idiot stays in one place till his shit runs out....what a joke. Last night he had to eat scorpions and drink condensation from his pee to survive. I bet the man in the wild is laughing his ass off!!

I posted about this in the "reptile" thread. I saw Survivorman for the first time and I really liked. You pretty much pointed out the difference though...one guy shows you how you get out (assuming you can't), and the other guy shows you what you do when you CAN'T get out.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

70charger_boy

I think Les Stroud from Survivorman is way better than Bear grilis from Man vs. Wild.  Les Stroud is stranded by himself and lugs all his cameras, while the other guy has a camera crew follow his every move.

One thing that I know for sure is Bear(man vs. wild) is freaking crazy.  He drank his own piss on several occasions while Les(survivorman) didn't

skip68

I have to agree with 70charger_boy.   How hard would it be to be stranded alone vs stranded with a crew of people.  :shruggy:  Not being alone kind of takes away the fear of having something go wrong you know what I mean.  :Twocents:  Chuck.....
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Afflyer

Bear drank his own pee less than five miles from where he parachuted into the Aussie outback for cripes sake!!!

:puke: that's what I felt like doing after I saw him take a long draw off that canteen full of the warm yellow stuff!

EWWWW!

:eek2:
Retired USAF C-130H3, C-130E, MC-130E, MC-130W Flight Engineer

1969 Charger 440/4bbl "Hemi Orange Mistress"
2009 Hemi Ram 1500 Sport Special Crew Cab "Black Betty"
2011 BMW X5 3.5i "Heidi"

The70RT

Hell......and I thought I seen all of them  :slap:...........ok then their both idiots!

70charger_boy

The funny thing about Bear is there was one episode where he was in a rain forest and was trying to find water, so what does he do?  He climbs a 130 ft tree so he can see where the nearest river was. Now, if you were stranded who in the hell would have the strength to climb a 130ft tree?

The70RT

Quote from: 70charger_boy on August 13, 2007, 07:36:04 PM
The funny thing about Bear is there was one episode where he was in a rain forest and was trying to find water, so what does he do?  He climbs a 130 ft tree so he can see where the nearest river was. Now, if you were stranded who in the hell would have the strength to climb a 130ft tree?

Bear looks none too whimpy though. The crew didn't climb the tree, catch the fish or start a fire with a stick and rope. I seen one with less and he says I only brought 3 matches.....then two I seen he had gasoline.............everybody has some when they get lost. It is a wonder he didn't blow himself up crossing wires on the battery. He found a downed plane in the mountains and lived there for a week. The battery still had juice ::)...yeah he found some gas too. Whatever the case i think Bear could take Les. :boxing_smiley:

70charger_boy

Quote from: The70RT on August 13, 2007, 07:49:47 PM
Quote from: 70charger_boy on August 13, 2007, 07:36:04 PM

Bear looks none too whimpy though. The crew didn't climb the tree, catch the fish or start a fire with a stick and rope. I seen one with less and he says I only brought 3 matches.....then two I seen he had gasoline.............everybody has some when they get lost. It is a wonder he didn't blow himself up crossing wires on the battery. He found a downed plane in the mountains and lived there for a week. The battery still had juice ::)...yeah he found some gas too. Whatever the case i think Bear could take Les. :boxing_smiley:

I would hope that bear could kick les' butt, because he was in the Britsh Special Forces.Either way I like them both

NHCharger

Quote from: Afflyer on August 13, 2007, 07:25:18 PM
Bear drank his own pee
:puke:

:iagree: :puke: :puke:  I would have to be on the verge of collapse before I would consider that. I have seen one of the shows, not sure which on, lucky I missed the "watersports" entertaiment :eyes:
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Harlow

Man vs. Wilde is a JOKE. Hes got a whole camera crew there with multiple angles of every shot. Its hard to believe it. Survivor man on the other hand is filmed by a single camera that HE either holds or sets up...

Just 6T9 CHGR

How about Bear using his piss soaked t-shirt for a bandanna to "cool off"......   :puke:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Bandit72

it was reported awhile back on some show i was watching that on at least 2 occasions "Bear" checked into a hotel to sleep at, then returned the next morning to continue shooting
Daddy ran whiskey in a big black dodge
bought it at an auction at the masons lodge,
Johnson County Sherriff painted on the side,
just shot a coat of primer then he looked inside,
well him and my uncle tore that engine down,
I still remember that rumblin' sound.....

my73charger

How did you like the episode when Bear sucked the juice or squeezed it from a pile of elephant crap?  :puke: :puke:

70charger_boy

Quote from: my73charger on August 14, 2007, 03:15:46 PM
How did you like the episode when Bear sucked the juice or squeezed it from a pile of elephant crap?  :puke: :puke:

Now, that is just sick.  I have to admit this is one of the best threads oh here.  i'm constantly debating with a few guys at work wich is better man vs. wild or survivorman. 

Harlow, I agree with you man vs. wild is a joke.
The one thing that is the same about both of the shows is that they both do research before they get dropped off to their locations.  So, they know what berries and snakes to eat.  They even know what leaves to use for toilet paper and you don't see either one of them crying.  If I was stranded for 7 days I would be crying my ass off

Sabre

Even though the camera crew follows Bear Grylls they do not interfere at all, unless his life were in danger.

Les Stroud doesn't have a camera crew follow him, but if his life were in danger he'd just call for help and the people who dropped him off would be there to save him.  So even though Les Stroud (Survivor Man) goes it alone, he's not any worse off than Bear Grylls.  I prefer Man vs Wild though, Bear is one tough guy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bear_Grylls

QuoteGrylls, a former member of the Special Air Service (SAS), made his name in 1998 by becoming, at the age of 23, the youngest Briton to climb Mount Everest and return alive.

Grylls passed UK Special Forces Selection, serving as a Sabre soldier, trained in unarmed combat, desert and winter warfare, combat survival, medics, parachuting, signals, evasive driving, climbing and explosives.

He served for 3 years,on a part-time basis, in 21 SAS, one of two Territorial Army regiments in the Special Air Service referred to as the "SAS(R)". 21 SAS specializes in Close Target Reconnaissance and attack(CTR). During his time with 21 SAS Grylls served actively in North Africa twice. His military career ended abruptly, however, in 1996, when a routine parachute exercise in southern Africa went wrong[citation needed]. His canopy ripped severely and caused him to spiral towards earth from 16,000ft at twice the normal speed, leaving him with three broken vertebrae and left him struggling to feel his legs.[1] Grylls spent the next 12 months in rehabilitation and, with his military career over, directed his efforts into trying to get well enough to fulfill his childhood dream of climbing Everest.

Grylls no longer serves in the British Special Forces but he was awarded the honorary rank of Lieutenant Commander in the UK's Royal Naval Reserve.

BigBlackDodge

70charger_boy

The70RT

Whooooooooops...I bet he doesn't know what pee tasts like :smilielol:

willille

In one episode, he had to strip so he could dry his wet clothes. When he striped he had on a pair of boxers that looked like the British flag.  Gun ho all the way. Cracked me up.

TheAutoArchaeologist

It was also reported recently that Bear sometimes goes to a hotel for the night instead of sleeping on the ground.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=470155&in_page_id=1770

Ryan