News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Installing mirror on passenger door 69 charger?

Started by Back N Black, August 12, 2007, 01:46:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Back N Black

Have any of you guys drilled the holes in the passenger door to install a mirror? I noticed on the driver's side the metal around the center hole is raised to fit the contours of the mirror mounting base. Is it a concern or not?, just want to make sure before i start drilling.

Thanks in advance

keepat

I had no problem installing a right side mirror on my 68, just take your time marking the holes

472 R/T SE

charge it

wheres a good place to get a mirror. besides e bay ?

keepat

Quote from: charge it on August 19, 2007, 12:46:28 AM
Order mine from Year One, it had a small chip in the mirror. Called them on it and they sent a new one out the next day! :2thumbs:
Pat

charge it

how much was it? and was it manual or remote? thanks

keepat

Quote from: charge it on August 19, 2007, 02:53:55 PM
I paid $130.00, note the right side mirror is only manual on 2nd gen Chargers.
Pat

Lord Warlock

In case it matters, the right side holes are raised a little just like the drivers side are, the gasket does hide the raised section anyway but i think it helps when tightening the mirror in place.  Mine had the right mirror stock, I can take pics of the holes if you need them, the mirrors are off the car right now (i'm getting it ready to paint)
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

Hemidog

Lord Warlock

Ok, here is a couple pics that may help, may not.  seeing how they are raised is a little hard to catch the light right, the light primer doesn't reflect it very well.  At least you'll be able to see how the two holes are positioned in comparison to the mounting holes of the window trim or front vent window.  I think the darker picture shows that the holes aren't flush with the body, it was a bit more noticeable when there was no paint on the car. 
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

Hemidog

HITMAN 149

yea the pass side are hard to come by!!! there are some on ebay every now & then..but most are beat up. Either Year One or PG Classics in canada has them... i plan on doing a pass side on my 68 as well. pretty much all my outside chrome is shot..so i'll prob just order a brand new set from PG about $245.oo for drivers & pass side.
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

roger01

can you guys actually see out of this mirror while your driving ? Ive got mine adjusted as much as possible and cant see properly out of it without physically moving over

keepat

The angle sucks! you must move to see, but they look cool! Changing the glass mirror to a new modern optical mirror would also help!

roger01

thats a good idea.....do they make them in the same diameter

keepat

If the glass is not tempered? you could have a glass shop cut down a larger SUV mirror to fit.

HITMAN 149

couldn't you just position the mirror on the outside a lil better to where you would be able to actually see out of it?!?!?!?  i mean it doesn't have to match the other side exactley in measurement does it??? function over form?? LOL i agree...they do look cool on the passenger side!!
good idea pat, about the suv glass!!! HMMMMMM???????????
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

Lord Warlock

Way back when i drove the car, I didn't use the mirror that much, but I could see out of it without any problems, it was mainly a matter of getting the mirror at the right angle.  But it WAS visible 

gordo1968charger

Quote from: keepat on August 19, 2007, 07:16:13 AM
Quote from: charge it on August 19, 2007, 12:46:28 AM
Order mine from Year One, it had a small chip in the mirror. Called them on it and they sent a new one out the next day! :2thumbs:
Pat

:yesnod:
i got mine from year one,customer service is second to none,albeit a bit more expensive than everywhere else.
68 charger+4 kids=2 jobs

HITMAN 149

i just picked up a brand new repo pass side mirror on ebay for $88! right to my door!!!! i have a drivers side that i'll try & see if it polishes up nice...or have it re-chromed???
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: charge it on August 19, 2007, 02:53:55 PM

A, B and then E bodies where all manual on passenger side. Just C bodies where remote optioned.

Remote on passenger side where option since 75 on B bodies
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Dennis

Put a Year One mirror on 10 years ago.  It is pitted and hazing.  It also gets in contact with the wing window.  Don't take anything for granted.  If I had it to do over, I would not.  Little use too.

gordo1968charger

i only put one on mine so i could see when i m reversing out  of my tiny garage
68 charger+4 kids=2 jobs