News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Due to struggles of life, I am selling my Charger....... **UPDATE 8/15/07 Pg.2**

Started by TruckDriver, August 11, 2007, 05:25:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TruckDriver

The other day, was the first time I even saw my car since May or so. I looked at it, and thought I'd be better off giving it a new home, and taking the money to hopfully improve my sucking life right now. This will be the third Charger I had to sell now. The fact that my income sucks bad right because the asphalt business is unsteady making my income very unstable, cost of living going up, and my pay is not, (looking for a new job, no one is hiring) and reality of not being able to afford restoring my Charger because of general prices of collecter cars. The fact that I need to move by labor day because my current place is being torn down, and I can't get a place yet and don't know where I'm going to go, and a bunch of other stressful things going on in my life right now like my pickup and van needing serious repairs I can't afford, has made me loose intrest in it. In the past 4 years, I've spent $1,500. for the car, $1,500. to have it trucked here from Arizona, $1,700 just in car storage for 2 years alone for a car I can't even work on or enjoy. I have spent about $2,000 just on parts for the car (most still in my closets). I paid $200. for a rust free trunk floor that still is in Wyoming because the guy who said they would get it, and shipp it for me is going through his own deal. I can't afford the $200-300 it will cost to have it shipped truck freight here because there is no bus station near by them. Anyway, I right now doubt if I can even afford to register my son for school next week. Every doller I been making is going straight to bills. And even that isn't really covering my expences. Yes I'm venting, but for me, I just don't see any other option for me. My Third Gen. web site will be here as long as I am alive, so don't worry about that. I will be here too. I will always like these cars, I just lost any and all ambition in restoring them or any other car. And with my life the way it has been, and the way muscle car prices are going, it most likely will be the last muscle car I will ever own. I never in my life had a lot of money. The only thing I ever known is living pay check to pay check. Usually I am fine with that, but this year, ....................  :brickwall: :rotz:

It is listed in the "Cars For Sale" section.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

The70RT

Damn. I feel for ya. Sorry to hear that man. Hopefully everything will fall in you favor sooner or later.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

dukeboy_318

Hey man, been down that road too, most people have,  Just keep your head high and it'll work itself out.  You may have to sell that charger now, but you;ll find a better one later on.  Hang in there.
1978 Dodge Power Wagon W200 4x4- 408 stroker/4spd
1974 Dodge Dart Swinger. 440 project in the works.

mikesbbody

that really sucks, i know what your going through infact, im sure alot of us here can relate to what your saying i hope things will get better for you and that you DO own another charger sometime in the future.

Brock Samson

wow! i was shocked when i read you have to sell her..  :o
i'm selling my BSG too, so there are more folks then just you sacrificing...
:shruggy:

whitehatspecial

Sorry to hear your having to sell your car. I've almost done it several times in the past 15 years when the construction business I owned started to tank. Long story short, I'm out of the construction business now after 25 years.....tired of the ups and downs. I've got a job now with a great company and hopefully some security for the future, we manage bank properties.

I kept my cars through the tough times even though it was hard. I couldn't ever bring myself to do it no matter how desperate things got financially.

Good luck in whatever you decide to do, things have a way of working out for the better.

:2thumbs:
Cars owned:
1968 Dodge Charger, 48k orig. miles, family owned since new.
Not a Hemi, a mini-hemi 340.

NHCharger

Pete, very sorry to see that happen. Been there, done that, once sold everything but the wife, kids, house and my construction tools in order to survive so I understand what your going through.
I thought you were moving south so you could go junkyarding with Twilt?
I hope everything works out for you.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

twilt

Quote from: NHCharger on August 11, 2007, 08:33:02 PM

I thought you were moving south so you could go junkyarding with Twilt?

I sure wish he would. I got some new info on a few Mopar hot spots yesterday.  I`m fired up and ready to go raid them.

TruckDriver

Thanks guys. There are a few reasons I can't move south right now. My girlfriend is one of them (her situation). And one thing that would bother me is the heat and humidity. I'm having a hard time dealing with it here in Wisconsin as it is :eek2: I listed so that if no one wants to give me what I'm asking, them I'll keep it. But if someone will give me what I want, they can have it. My girlfriend keeps telling me I'm crazy for wanting to sell it, and should keep it. I'm just tired of spending everything I make on bills, and still not having enough, and not being able to enjoy life anymore because of that. Nothing is free anymore including fun I guess :brickwall:
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Daytona R/T SE

Nacho-RT74

really sorry pete... sincerelly, and not for sell the charger like more the situation involved!!!
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

69bronzeT5

Quote from: twilt on August 11, 2007, 08:50:56 PM
I`m fired up and ready to go raid them.

get pics ;D.  Sorry to hear that you might be selling her man, hope things get better and you can get her :2thumbs:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Silver R/T

thats sucks, maybe you could move to another state with more stable job market. I know Im making it in WA even though I'm not making top dollar but its enough to keep Charger and keep paying bills/mortgage
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

89MOPAR

Ugghh,  :'(

Is there a way you could minimize what you are paying to store the car ? 
   Maybe buy a good outdoor quality car cover for about $200-250 , and set up a spot with sand or something porous [ so water doesn't collect underneath] to park it on top of. 

I suppose if you have to move than that is an issue also.
At least you have the support of your girlfriend in trying to keep it!    Very hard to put a monetary value on that.
77 Ram-Charger SE factory 440 'Macho' package
03 Ram Hemi 4x4 Pickup
Noble M400
72 Satellite Sebring Plus +

TruckDriver

Quote from: 89MOPAR on August 13, 2007, 04:20:37 AM
Is there a way you could minimize what you are paying to store the car ? 
   Maybe buy a good outdoor quality car cover for about $200-250 , and set up a spot with sand or something porous [ so water doesn't collect underneath] to park it on top of. 

I rent a trailer home (well, for 3 weeks yet til I have to move), so no chance that can happen. But as it is, I still have no clue where I'm going to live. 90% of all the places around here are more than I can afford for rent.
PETE

hemi68charger

Hope everything works out..... Life does have a way to throwing wrenches in the gears of progress....... Sounds like you have a nice girlfriend...

Keep the faith...

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

rudyjrusa

LORD we ask that this man find a new job and new place to live for the same amount of rent money this week.

TUFCAT

Man I've been there.......reminds me of the exact same mess I was in (forced to sell my '72 Rallye).  That car was just BAD luck for me  :RantExplode: :RantExplode: :RantExplode:

The70RT

I dragged my Charger around when I moved 7 times over the last 30 years. I never once considered selling it.  I finaly got a decent job 14 years ago and the ole lady landed a killer job about 8 years ago. We sold our old dump of an old house and got enough for a down payment and got into a decent house. Finnaly built a garage 5 years ago and I am just now getting the funds to restore it. I really hope it all comes together for ya man. Pray and hang in there. Maybe someday you will be able to score a nice car again. Right now the economy is the worst I have seen it IMHO. Less pay and everthings sky high.

Charger_Fan

Sorry you're being pushed up against a wall, Pete. :'(
Lately, I feel fairly fortunate that life's finally flowing sorta smoothly for me. It wasn't always that way. I ended up selling two Ford Hi-boys, a 78 Bronco, a motorcycle & a few other things that weren't nailed down to keep the wolves away from me & my family...a year later, out of desparation, I did a chapter 13. I would have sold my Charger three separate times during those years, if someone would have offered more than pennies on the dollar for what it was worth.
Nobody did, so I kept it...I'm glad I did. :)

I hope things look up for you soon! :cheers:

Oh & if you want to make the trek to Utah, you can stay rent free at my place for as long as you need...but you must supply your own beer & munchies. :icon_smile_big:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

The70RT

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on August 13, 2007, 07:46:13 PM
Sorry you're being pushed up against a wall, Pete. :'(
Lately, I feel fairly fortunate that life's finally flowing sorta smoothly for me. It wasn't always that way. I ended up selling two Ford Hi-boys, a 78 Bronco, a motorcycle & a few other things that weren't nailed down to keep the wolves away from me & my family...a year later, out of desparation, I did a chapter 13. I would have sold my Charger three separate times during those years, if someone would have offered more than pennies on the dollar for what it was worth.
Nobody did, so I kept it...I'm glad I did. :)

I hope things look up for you soon! :cheers:

Your too cooool :2thumbs:

Oh & if you want to make the trek to Utah, you can stay rent free at my place for as long as you need...but you must supply your own beer & munchies. :icon_smile_big:

TruckDriver

Quote from: hemi68charger on August 13, 2007, 05:56:44 AM
Sounds like you have a nice girlfriend...

Troy

Well, I'm not even sure of that right now. I think I said something to make her mad at me a bit ago as she hung up on me and hasn't called me back. And to make this worse now, About 4 days ago, this current place I'm in is having electrical problems as where the power in the living room and kitchen keeps shutting off, and back on.... and back off, a hour later back on. It is not the fuses or breakers. To me, it seems like a short somewhere. The owner isn't going to fix it as this trailer is going to be demolished. So, now I have the fridge and microwave plugged into extension cord from the bedrooms just so they won't shut down. AND, this morning at work, I learned that one of our drivers, and a acquaintance of mine for 5 years now blew his head off in front of his girlfriend Saturday night right after he left another one of my friend's house :'( I am not sure myself as to how much more of all this I can take now either. My life is litterally falling apart around me. I feel like exploding right now :icon_smile_dissapprove:
PETE

mikesbbody

you have hit rock bottom at the moment, but the only way is up now  :2thumbs: things will get better for you keep the faith and who knows, maybe you wont have to sell your charger after all

69DodgeCharger

This may be hurtful to your pride as a father and self sufficient individual but I would strongly suggest going to whatever family assistance agency you have in your state and seeing if they can help you with housing. Remember you're not "going on welfare" you are just getting a hand to help pull you out of the muck until you get your feet back on dry land. This won't last forever, but it might last longer than you think. There is a strong possibility it could get worse before it gets better but you have to believe that your hard work will help it get better. But on the other hand you can't wait for it to "come around" Tomorrow when you wake up begin your "attack" plan on this problem. When things get really rough  many times you only have yourself to fall back on. If you have friends and family that can help this is the time to use those assets. You might have to get a second job and make some really hard decisions to get through this all, but if you just "hope" for the best I worry about your outcome. Not trying to be critical....Just reflecting on some past mistakes I made involving avoidance and inaction....Good Luck and don't be afraid to reach out to us strangers even... if you have to.
http://www.mypowerblock.com/profile/69DodgeCharger

The bugle sounds the charge begins. But on this battlefield no one wins.

hemi-hampton