News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Fuel line vs nitrous

Started by Animal, August 08, 2007, 01:17:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Animal

Fitting a Nitrous cheater system , the fuel is gonna be fed via a 3/8 line from a 10 gallon fuel cell & holley 110 GPH fuel pump.

The mighty Demon is fed from the existing fuel tank , 3/8 line with high flow mechanical fuel pump.

Just wondering if the mech pump can keep the bowls full when the motor gets a 250 shot of gas , got no problem on the fuel cell side ,  but if the motor is running 480 horses without gas , then 720 with gas , does this mean the demon needs fuel to the tune of 720 horses.

Motor is a 440 , 12.2 sec 1/4 mile without gas.

TIA.

aifilaw

umm...
so the nitrous is a dry system and all fuel is delivered through the carb?
or a wet system with a seperate fuel line, fuel spray atomizer along with the nitrous spay into the intake?

Because a wet system is what it sounds like, in which case you don't have to worry about the demon at all.
'72 B5 Metallic Blue Hardtop
426" Wedge - Hydraulic Roller Stealth heads

ronv

I have been running a NOS chester system as well. I started with 3/8" line and a mechanical fuel pump with no issues. I am running only a 150 shot however. I have since switched to an Aeromotive 1000 fuel pump and 1/2" line. Its best to be safe. By the way, I am running a 850 mighty demon and and it keeps up just fine. My best time so far is a 11.403.

Animal

Thanks guys , am running a wet system via a plate under the carb , don't wanna detonate & blow the motor , also running a Jacobs progressive controller , with a fuel pressure switch ,  trying to make it as fail safe as possible.

:icon_smile_big:

aifilaw

ok well, based on what you said, the reglar engine NA is run off of its own fuel pump to the demon... and the "wet" kit (meaning it handles extra fuel, not the carb) has its own fuel source (fuel cell) and fuel pump (holley) right?

If so, then really you have nothing to worry about... if not and you just have the one fuel pump, it comes down to figuring out haow many gph you need to run that many ponies roughly and not undershooting.
'72 B5 Metallic Blue Hardtop
426" Wedge - Hydraulic Roller Stealth heads

Animal

Thanks Guys , have a fuel cell & pump dedicated to the wet plate/NoS only.

firefighter3931

Quote from: Animal on August 09, 2007, 06:59:30 PM
Thanks Guys , have a fuel cell & pump dedicated to the wet plate/NoS only.

I don't see a problem with that type of system. Issues can arise when trying to feed the engine and plate system using the same pump....running a dedicated pump is the right way to do it.  :Twocents:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Steve P.

Animal, where are you placing the 10 G. cell?   Are you doing anything to retard your timing??
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Animal

Fuel cell is in the boot along with the stock fuel tank , using a progressive controller & dialling in 2* per 50 shot of nitrous  , having probs @ the moment , posted in other section , as the plug gaps are starting to close up.

:shruggy:

Steve P.

I don't know diddley about nitrous, but a buddy of mine sets up many systems for other people. I have seen him mount smaller tanks right under the hood. It makes me sick to watch him cut into a nice core support to place a tank..  :eek2:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida