News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

need some advice on a college car

Started by charger0740, August 04, 2007, 07:19:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charger0740

I have a 94' shadow and  it has 120,000 miles on it and its running really rough even after a tune up...I am on a limited budget and i can get a early 90's chevy 2wd truck with a 305 in it(for free) does anyone know what kind of gas mileage i could get with a 305? It needs a fuel pump and maybe a fuel tank.

hemihead

Even though it is a 305 I doubt it is going to be good. Maybe 15 - 17 ?
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

71ChallengeHer

Did you try putting an O2 sensor on the Shadow or checking the codes ?  Or maybe you got some bad gas? Try running high octane gas and some dry gas or gas treatment. My daughter drives my Daytona and it had 117,000 and runs great. But for some reason runs like crap on regular gas and always has.

Bandit72

Quote from: charger0740 on August 04, 2007, 07:19:37 AM
I have a 94' shadow and  it has 120,000 miles on it and its running really rough even after a tune up...I am on a limited budget and i can get a early 90's chevy 2wd truck with a 305 in it(for free) does anyone know what kind of gas mileage i could get with a 305? It needs a fuel pump and maybe a fuel tank.

is it fuel injected? does it have an over drive tranny? my buddy has a 92 chevy half ton 2 wheel drive and he gets around 23mpg with a fuel injected 350 and over drive tranny.
Daddy ran whiskey in a big black dodge
bought it at an auction at the masons lodge,
Johnson County Sherriff painted on the side,
just shot a coat of primer then he looked inside,
well him and my uncle tore that engine down,
I still remember that rumblin' sound.....

Harlow

Charger1973

I always had good luck Chevy trucks, especially with S10s.  They will go damn near forever if you take care of them.  I just picked up an S10 Blazer yesterday to drive to school.  My 79 Blazer with a 350 in it hasnt had anything but plugs and wires in the last 5 years and it runs perfect. 

Silver R/T

I had s10 but it was only 2.2L I4. I would not drive it in winter with all the snow we have as it was 2WD. If it were me I probably would not drive that s10 in winter, especially with a torquer 305 that will spin out on every corner.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

charger0740

I never tryed higher octane gas in the shadow...but yes the 305 is throttle body

charger0740

i just found a 90 plymouth laser taht as of right now all i know about it is that its a 1.8 liter engine automatic and supposedly all it needs for inspection is brake lines...has anyone heard of  or had experinces with these cars?