News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Lovable Leon's car is Charger of the Month @ the '70 Charger Registry

Started by 472 R/T SE, August 01, 2007, 07:54:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

472 R/T SE

Hello all.  Leon's burnt orange beauty is COTM @ the Registry.  A bonafide survivor, love the steelies.  :2thumbs:

http://1970chargerregistry.com/Misc/cotm.html

8WHEELER

Sweet car, I don't see that color very often around here  :2thumbs:

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

hemi-hampton

Thanks for the plug 472 R/TSE, Much appreciated. A real honor to grace the page of COTM.  THANKS, LEON. :cheers: :2thumbs:

71ChallengeHer

TUFCAT

Wow....Leon is a patient man! Now what about Tracy?  :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:  Maybe he can have his cake - and eat it too!!!  :scratchchin: :scratchchin:

70charger_boy

Quote from: TUFCAT on August 02, 2007, 08:25:11 AM
Wow....Leon is a patient man! Now what about Tracy?  :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:  Maybe he can have his cake - and eat it too!!!  :scratchchin: :scratchchin:

Tracy???  hmm.....any pics?

TUFCAT

Hey Leon, I just noticed in that last picture....what's with the light mounted under the decklid?? I never saw anything like that before  :scratchchin: :scratchchin:

hemi-hampton

70charginglizard

70charginglizard

TUFCAT

I love to see survivors, so when I first saw this car is person.....(It was back in spring 2005 and I didn't have my Coronet yet) - -   I thought  ....man,   ....I'd LOVE to buy this car!  Its exactly what I would want (I really liked the burnt orange interior/exterior combo). So,  obviously it wasn't for sale.  Then later the next year,  after being on this site I found out Leon was Hemi-Hampton who painted Mopars in the Detroit area.  Then I ABSOLUTELY knew he'd NEVER sell it- - because what's a painter doing with an unrestored car?  Obviously, I thought, he must really like it - -  I certainly didn't know what he went through to buy it......until I read his article.   I guess I was right!  TWO THUMBS - love the color combo!!   :cheers:  My Dad would have wanted to order a '70 R/T just like this if he could of.....   

472 R/T SE

CharlieCharger

Did you ever get the pictures of the girl in the bikini?Nice ride :yesnod:
Earth. Even the word sounded strange to me now... unfamiliar. How long had I been gone? How long had I been back? Did it matter? I tried to find the rhythm of the world where I used to live. I followed the current. I was silent, attentive, I made a conscious effort to smile, nod, stand, and perform the millions of gestures that constitute life on earth. I studied these gestures until they became reflexes again. But I was haunted by the idea that I remembered her wrong -Solaris

hemi-hampton

I'm still working on getting the Bikini Pics. She's moved out of town Farther North. :scratchchin:  LEON.  :scratchchin:

Mefirst

Thats a good story.. and one sweet looking ride.. I dont think that there are many guys, or girls, as lucky as you, to get to own the car (NOT the same kind of car, but THE car!!!) you "drooled" over when you were a kid...

-Enjoy it...

:cheers:

/Tom