News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Who has the Charger with the least options?

Started by Red Ram, August 01, 2007, 01:50:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red Ram

Like to see some pictures of base line or low option Chargers. I think these Chargers are becoming a rarity with all of the modification happening.
"In search of truth...some pointy boots and a few snack-crackers"

Mikesmopars01

I have a 1968 charger 6 cyl. and the only option was bucket seats.

Red Ram

"In search of truth...some pointy boots and a few snack-crackers"

Mikesmopars01

Most of the pictures I have are too big to post

bull

UFO

Bucket seats were standard,thats means your car has 0 options.

bandit67

It's not a Charger, but I just bought a 68 Coronet that came with two options, an AM radio and tinted windshield.  One is missing and the other has a hole in it.  hmmmmmmmm

BrianShaughnessy

Lack of options does not make a car a "collectible", "desireable", or "valuable" rarity.    It still goes by the old rules... Hemis, aeros, R/T's, and a few combos within those categories first.
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

6pkrunner

Quote from: BrianShaughnessy on August 01, 2007, 07:48:05 AM
Lack of options does not make a car a "collectible", "desireable", or "valuable" rarity.    It still goes by the old rules... Hemis, aeros, R/T's, and a few combos within those categories first.

I agree. Magazines try to hype up every car as unique and desireable by its option list, or lack of option list.

"This car needed 47 fender tags to print off all the options. Most loaded version ever!"

"This car has the rare steering wheel and trunk delete option. Makes is so unique."

"This car has 4 wheels with second owner air in the tires. A rare find."

While it is neat to see bizarrely optioned cars, the hype outshines reality.

HAZZARDJOHN

I don't care if it doesn't add value, oddball survivors are 1000 times more interesting to me than the regular lot of valuable collectables. One of my favorite cars at Car Craft summer nationals was a /6 Cuda that was unrestored. It was just a neat car. And I'll take my 77 L6 3 on the tree GMC with an AM radio and Cigarette lighter as the only two options, over a Fully loaded sierra grande. I could care less what its worth, I am not into old cars to earn money.

~HJ
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't fix your brakes, but don't worry I made your horn louder."

Brock Samson

my R/T SE has loads of options, but my 340 RR has three,.. Power Steering, transverese stripe and rallye wheels... seems right for a road runner, amazing how these cars grow options over the years,.. 8/10s now have chin whiskers....  :scratchchin:

Charger1973

I used to have a 73 with very few options. This thing was WL21 coded, 3 speed manual, and it had a rubber floor mat... didnt even come with carpet!  The only options it had that I know of were:

Power Steering
318 (as opposed to a /6)
1/2 Black Vinyl Top (canopy style)
Magnum 500 wheels
FY1 Top Banana paint (only extra cost paint color in 73)

chargerboy69

I have a low, I mean no optioned Charger. It was originally a 6 cylinder, 3 spd. manual on the column, rubber floor mat car. I do not think it has any added options at all.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

moparguy01

Quote from: Charger1973 on August 01, 2007, 11:37:54 AM

FY1 Top Banana paint (only extra cost paint color in 73)

the extra money for the yellow paint was the "Ugly tax"  :nana:

Charger1973

six-tee-nine

Sorry guys, can't help you (SE package, AC, tinded glass, light package, leather front buckets).

But hey if you fully restore you car then you can stuff em with options of your choise.
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

JimShine

Quote from: 6pkrunner on August 01, 2007, 08:10:10 AM
Quote from: BrianShaughnessy on August 01, 2007, 07:48:05 AM

I agree. Magazines try to hype up every car as unique and desireable by its option list, or lack of option list.

"This car needed 47 fender tags to print off all the options. Most loaded version ever!"

"This car has the rare steering wheel and trunk delete option. Makes is so unique."

"This car has 4 wheels with second owner air in the tires. A rare find."

While it is neat to see bizarrely optioned cars, the hype outshines reality.

I agree 100% and was thinking about this just the other day. Look at all the options available on these cars. Every car is pretty close to being one of a kind.

last426

Here is what I say on the show sheet about my car.

This second owner 1971 Hemi Charger R/T is one of 63 U.S., 12 Canadian and 1 export versions that was made in 1971, the last year of the 426 Hemi. Ordered from Grange Dodge in Illinois on 4/12/71 and made on 5/03/71, it is lightly optioned with the A36 performance axle package (3.55 sure grip), power steering, power disk brakes, AM radio, rear speaker, rear defogger, dual chrome racing mirrors, and tachometer. This is a "numbers matching" car with 44,800 miles and unusual because it has so few options but has the most expensive, the 426 hemi. Total cost in 1971 was $5,210.60 (including about $1,000.00 for the engine).

Check it out at www.marlia.com  Kim

Brock Samson

:scratchchin: hey Kim,..  that hardly qualifies as low options...  :slap:

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: HAZZARDJOHN on August 01, 2007, 08:17:38 AM
I don't care if it doesn't add value, oddball survivors are 1000 times more interesting to me than the regular lot of valuable collectables. One of my favorite cars at Car Craft summer nationals was a /6 Cuda that was unrestored. It was just a neat car. And I'll take my 77 L6 3 on the tree GMC with an AM radio and Cigarette lighter as the only two options, over a Fully loaded sierra grande. I could care less what its worth, I am not into old cars to earn money.

~HJ
I like that Barracuda. My 1st e-body was a 70 Slant 6, AT on the column, split bench seat and AM radio. I loved that car.

bullit68

not a charger,but i have a 70 road runner 383 4spd and the only option is ev2 hemi orange paint.

Nacho-RT74

my car came without fender tag and buildsheet... that does mean not options LOL
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

terrible one

Isn't a slant six technically an option? I mean, it did have to be special order, right?

pettyfan43

Quote from: Mikesmopars01 on August 01, 2007, 01:52:20 AM
I have a 1968 charger 6 cyl. and the only option was bucket seats.

Actually in 68 Buckets were standard, no bench seats built until 70.

pettyfan43

my 66 is pretty basic, the ONLY non standard equipment on the car is power BRAKES and AM radio. My car doesn't even have power steering! NEVER seen another 66 like that and the /6 wasn't available in 66, to the poly 318 is the baseline, pretty close! My car does have the automatic though.