News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Guitarists here...

Started by 69bronzeT5, July 29, 2007, 02:44:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

69bronzeT5

So just wondering....for all you guitarists here, who are you inspirations when it comes to guitar?

My main inspiration/influence is Randy Rhoads (Ozzy) My others are Slash (GNR, Velvet Revolver), Dimebag Darrell (from Pantera, Damage Plan), Alexi Laiho (Children Of Bodom), Brian May (Queen), Jimi Hendrix (Jimi Hendrix, Jimi Hendrix Experience) and abunch more.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

69CoronetRT

Ritchie Blackmore was always one of my guitar heros. Randy Bachman and Pete Townsend would be in there too.
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

Purple440

Too bad about Dimebag...that was messed up.

ipstrategies

Page, Clapton, Beck, Hendrix, (Allen Collins, Gary Rossington Steve Gaines Lynyrd Skynyrd 3 lead guitarists 1 band) E Van Halen, Randy Roads (man I remeber when that came out and was blow away) Slash. Really anymore I l enjoy any good playing mo matter what style.
1971 Dodge Charger SE 383 Magnum
1999 Dodge Durango 5.9
1995 Chrysler LHS

73chgrSE

Randy Rhoads is the whole reason I started playing guitar and why I built a recording studio too.

Ponch ®

I used to be into the whole flashy shredding metal thing (Slash, Kirk Hammet, Van Halen) when I was younger, but as I grew older I learned to appreciate other guitarists that might not be as technically proficient or stylistically very different yet still great in their own way:

Keith Richards
Syl Sylvain
Johnny Thunders
Leadbelly
Jerry Reed
Ron Asheton
Rick Nielsen
Duane Allman
etc....
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

tomonty

Dimebag, Slash, Kirk Hammett, Rhoads is awesome, Zakk Wylde kicks butt.....and I still get goosebumps when I hear Stevie Ray Vaughn play. That guy was unbelievable.

Mike
It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office. - H.L. Mencken

69bronzeT5

Heres just a little sample of my photo collection :cheers:

69CoronetRT

Quote from: Ponch ® on July 29, 2007, 12:30:19 PM
I used to be into the whole flashy shredding metal thing (Slash, Kirk Hammet, Van Halen) when I was younger, but as I grew older I learned to appreciate other guitarists that might not be as technically proficient or stylistically very different yet still great in their own way:

Keith Richards

For as much drama that has always surrounded the guy, you do forget that both he and Ron Wood are pretty good players.
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

70charger_boy

sixpack70

I play the bass guitar, so my influences are different. Michale Starr and MIchael Inez from Alice in  chains, both of the bassists who were in Tool, Adam Clayton, Jimi Hendrix's bassist is pretty cool also and I love to listen to how he compliments Jimi.
1966 Falcon
1969 Mustang Mach 1
1970 Charger R/T 440+6 4spd

Musicman

Hendrix got me interested...

Jimmy Page gave me the courage to try...

Zappa gave me an appreciation for diversity...

Stevie Ray Vaughan taught me to just let go, and let the music take over...

Now I am the instrument...

69bronzeT5

See, alot of musicians see their guitar as an extention of them...I see myself as an extention of my guitar....theres a big difference there. :angel:

devilgear

Hey hey. I was inspired to pick up the guitar as soon as I saw KISS when I was 5. I started to play when I was 7, so KISS was my biggest influence, but othe big influences are:

George Lynch
Ace Frehley
Jake E Lee
Warren DiMartini
James Hetfeild
Paul Gilbert
Jeff Beck
Zakk Wylde
Jiimmy Page
EVH

And so many more.

Brock Samson

andres segovia
                              "angus young"
sonny sharrock
adrien belew
les paul
wes montgomery
elmore james
robin trower
steve morse
alan holdsworth                               http://youtube.com/watch?v=EQUntzKpLj4&mode=related&search=
lefty frizzel
gary moore
joe strummer
jeff beck
andy partridge
marco parroni
john goodsall
larry coryell
vai/satriani
lol...
john scofield
ron sexsmith
eddie hazel
phillip catherine
eddie gomez
john mclaughlin                       http://youtube.com/watch?v=oURKGTQ7m0w
ralph towner
tommy bolan                           http://youtube.com/watch?v=xpluKxftc6w
frank mariono
any of the thin lizzy crew
dude from saxon
kings X
the guy from helmet
and rage against the machine
zz top...
bill  nelson                                 http://youtube.com/watch?v=q-rfX1W38q0
neal schone
about 50 others
incl a bunch of flaminco and jazz and ethnic players you never heard of and i can't remember now..

Ghoste

Gary Rossington, Dickie Betts, Jimmy Page, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Joe Perry but most of all, this guy...

CharlieCharger

David gilmour for sure..Pink floyd. :icon_smile_big:
Earth. Even the word sounded strange to me now... unfamiliar. How long had I been gone? How long had I been back? Did it matter? I tried to find the rhythm of the world where I used to live. I followed the current. I was silent, attentive, I made a conscious effort to smile, nod, stand, and perform the millions of gestures that constitute life on earth. I studied these gestures until they became reflexes again. But I was haunted by the idea that I remembered her wrong -Solaris

RT DAVE

68 CHARGER RT<br />06 MAGNUM RT<br />02 INTREPID SXT

Ponch ®

Quote from: Ghoste on July 30, 2007, 10:32:14 AM
Gary Rossington, Dickie Betts, Jimmy Page, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Joe Perry but most of all, this guy...

When was that pic taken? That guitar is good for a Charger or two nowadays.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Ghoste

I think the pic was taken in 1960.  Dad thinks he bought it in 57 and he traded it in the mid 60's for a Hofner President because it was a lot more suited for the band he was in at the time.  I still have the Hofner but the Strat is long gone.  As styling as he looks in that pic, you should see him today jamming away to polka tunes with his Jackson Soloist (I'm not making that up).

Manfred318

Cliff Burton :engel016:

Steve Harris  :punkrocka:

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.

ChargerSG

Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

69bronzeT5

On the Buckethead topic....Im not that big of a fan of him. But this solo still blows me away and Ive heard it 50+ times! He has soo much feeling put into the solo when he plays it :cheers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1LU4f_emW0

Also, I found the only picture known to existance where he isnt wearing the mask or bucket