News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

A few pics of my car.

Started by korn1328732, September 20, 2005, 01:04:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

korn1328732

Me and my dad worked on the car for close to 2 years before we finished it. Finished it about a month and a half ago. Unfortunatly, 2 weeks after it was finished I moved to college and cant drive it  :-[ So I decided to post so pictures of it so I can look at it a little more.

It was originally B7 blue, but i went with a similar color. It has the orginal 383 with ac and orginal transmission. Overall in good condition and had very little rust when body work was done.  My dad and I painted it in our garage.

anyways here are some links for the pics:
http://img169.imageshack.us/my.php?image=19vq1.jpg
http://img129.imageshack.us/my.php?image=29en.jpg (this one didnt turn out to good when i uploaded it, but it is still a good picture)
http://img16.imageshack.us/my.php?image=49ht.jpg (72 javelin in the garage, thats the next project)
http://img137.imageshack.us/my.php?image=57au.jpg (my moms car with the charger in the back)

ChargerSG

Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

Old Moparz

Looks great, & the paint looks flawless too.  :2thumbs:  Nice work.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

PlumBad70

Great looking 70..come check out the www.1970chargerregistry.com and register your car, it has a great messege board too.

PS where in illinois to you live?
Steve
1970 Charger R/T Sublime
2013 Dodge Ram 1500 hemi 4x4

korn1328732

I was really suprised how well the paint turned out. It was the first time we have ever painted a car.

I live in algonquin(not right now though, goin to college in milwaukee). It is about an hour west of chicago... I think. If you know where crystal lake, elgin, or schaumberg... its near all of those towns.

ramit

dd44068

WOW that looks great for a first time paint job, lots  a luck with her she is a sweet ride.

cudaken

Corn :drool5: :thumbs: :thumbs: :drive:

Good looking 70 Charger. I spoted the IL plates. To bad your are by Chicago, I live at the other end of the state, Maryville IL.

You need to look up Sandmix something. There is a posting on the main page about selling his Charger for a Duster. I will guess you are about the same age and he is close by you as well. Joe has done a lot in a short time after him and I spoke on the phone.

Great looking 70, that is my favorite year. Only thing I do not like is the door panels.

Cuda Ken
I am back

golden73

Wow that looks great! Nice job on the paint too. Which color is it btw?

I bet that thing turns a lot of heads when you are cruizin down the streets :drive:

MoparYoungGun

:drool5: , that's a gorgeous '70. I'm also interested in what color is it, it looks awesome :2thumbs: !

plum500

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Chris G.

Quote from: PlumBad70 on September 20, 2005, 01:47:49 PM
Great looking 70..come check out the www.1970chargerregistry.com and register your car, it has a great messege board too.

:iagree:

That's a sweet looking ride!   :2thumbs:

694spdRT

Nice '70....she really looks straight!   :2thumbs:

BTW: Welcome to the board.  :wave:
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

mustanghater

New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

korn1328732

Quote from: MoparYoungGun on September 20, 2005, 03:47:43 PM
:drool5: , that's a gorgeous '70. I'm also interested in what color is it, it looks awesome :2thumbs: !

the color is called blue mood, i cant remember which brand it is off the top of my head. Im pretty sure it was off a line of paint called hot hues though.

LeeBoy

Quote from: mustanghater on September 20, 2005, 04:45:58 PM
nice car
Were you talking about the mustang in the last pic?  :icon_smile_big: The Charger looks great
My 68 Charger build http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,41318.0.html
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 2005 HEMI Ram( totaled with only 27,000 miles on it!), 1977 Power Wagon (Sold), 1977 Plymouth Trailduster, 1974 360 Cuda, 1973 Satellite Sebring Plus, 1973 D200 Adventurer Sport, 1968 Charger (sold), 1965 Dart (sold)

Brock Samson

i remember you 'n your car from Johnnys' post up thread, I was gonna paint my '69 in a very similar color, a chysler blue they put on dakotas, called intense pearl which I thought would look bitchen, I finally went with a custom dark blue with a pint of red thrown in instead, but seeing your car, I'm sorry i didn't...

anymore details or pics?.  ::)

SuBLimE 69

Quote from: PlumBad70 on September 20, 2005, 01:47:49 PM

Jhea, they even let us 69 guys hang out there !
Nice 70 ! 

This ticket is only $69.00 ?  If I'd have known that I'd have been going FASTER !

ChargerRob

Mighty Mean Mexican Mopar

TruckDriver

I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE the color!!!! :yesnod:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

sandmbmx88

Quote from: korn1328732 on September 20, 2005, 01:50:43 PM
I was really suprised how well the paint turned out. It was the first time we have ever painted a car.

I live in algonquin(not right now though, goin to college in milwaukee). It is about an hour west of chicago... I think. If you know where crystal lake, elgin, or schaumberg... its near all of those towns.

Hey ive talked to you before, i live in schaumburg.  my dad just mooved to palitine.  maybe if you come home soon you can show me the car.  Im about to paint a car for the first time and i have 1000's of questions.  your charger looks great!

SeattleCharger

Yes, nice color.  Beautiful paint job.   Looks sort of like the color blue of the '68 Charger in the movie Christine

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

korn1328732

Quote from: sandmbmx88 on September 20, 2005, 09:11:27 PM
Quote from: korn1328732 on September 20, 2005, 01:50:43 PM

Hey ive talked to you before, i live in schaumburg.   my dad just mooved to palitine.   maybe if you come home soon you can show me the car.   Im about to paint a car for the first time and i have 1000's of questions.   your charger looks great!

Schaumberg is like 20 minutes from me. Id love to show you the car and what not but im liven in milwaukee right now for college. Though this weekend im comen home, so if u want to get together or somethin send me an email.  prochasa@msoe.edu

sandmbmx88

yea Deff.  Im pretty sure my dads house in palitine should be closer. Im going to harper right now and my dad lives right by there.