News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

how to trace my vehicles history?

Started by gordo1968charger, July 11, 2007, 10:24:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gordo1968charger

bought my 68 in 2004 from david madders in manchester,uk.i need to find some history on my car,it came from almeida area  of california in about june/july 2004.vin is xp29h8b219492
68 charger+4 kids=2 jobs

OldGuy

Most states within the United States have privacy issues, which makes it difficult to get historical information on vehicles from that state's Motor Vehicle Division.  Don't know the specifics about California - maybe a resident of California could help you there.  The other way to go about it is to start where you are and work backwards through the owners.  David Madders should have some documentation relative who he bought the car from.  Did he have it shipped from the U.S. to the U.K.?  There should be some information in those records.  If you can find the owner who Madders bought it from, contact him and determine how he acquired the car.  Was there any historic documentation with the car i.e. registrations, repair invoices, etc.?  Those can be good sources, as well.

Good Luck!!
"I can tell by your sarcastic undertones, rude comments and total lack of common decency, that you and I could be best friends".

gordo1968charger

nothing came with the car,found a receipt under the seat dated june 2004,showing it was still in use,prior to shipping to the uk,dave madders bought it from someone,who new someone and did nt have any history,only clue is a sticky label in the boot floor with "bob elsberg"written on it whoever he may be.
pretty much a dead end
68 charger+4 kids=2 jobs

41husk

I would still try contacting the DMV, see what you can get, maybe they can tell you how many registered owners?
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up