News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Some paint on the PIG !

Started by firefighter3931, July 10, 2007, 10:19:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69bronzeT5

Another amazing looking Charger. I cant wait to see it done! :2thumbs:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

OttawaCharger

Looking real good!  I'm looking forward to seeing it lined up next to Blown68Coronet's car.  :D
1968 Charger -currently spread all over my garage!

472 R/T SE

:notworthy:  Oh MY, that's breathtaking.  As said, no one should expect any thing less than perfect for you Ron.  And it shows.  :2thumbs:

I can't wait to see it all done and a dyno sheet.  ;) 

firefighter3931

Quote from: Back N Black on July 11, 2007, 10:27:35 AM
Looks awesome Ron! :drool5: looks like my car got a evil cousin, even got the same wheels and tires.

Eldon, as soon as i saw yours it pretty much sealed the deal for me. I had originally wanted a triple black car but was wavering because there so many other cool choices....it's freaking stressful trying to pick a color combo !  :eek2:

It's too bad you're so far away in NB now....man would it be cool to line your 69 and my 68 up together for a pic or two !  :2thumbs:

Looking forward to seeing yours come back together too.....keep up the good work bud.  :cheers:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

firefighter3931

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on July 11, 2007, 01:46:49 PM
:notworthy:  Oh MY, that's breathtaking.  As said, no one should expect any thing less than perfect for you Ron.  And it shows.  :2thumbs:

I can't wait to see it all done and a dyno sheet.  ;) 

Thanks Mike, guys like you and Chris over at the registry as well as many others here have set the bar pretty high....i'm just trying to keep up.  :icon_smile_big:

The engine is built and dynoed....has been for a couple of years.  :P  I probably should have just done the body first but the project snowballed and i kept pulling it down further and further until there was nuthin left but a rolling shell.  :o Funny how that happens....

Ron

ps. Here's the dyno numbers on the 446.....these are engine, not chassis #'s
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

aone415

This Charger right here is a one of none, that means none before it, none to come.

Charger_Fan

Quote from: firefighter3931 on July 11, 2007, 03:16:04 PM
ps. Here's the dyno numbers on the 446.....these are engine, not chassis #'s

Looks like you had to wipe off a little drool on the bottom there, eh? :drool5: :smilielol:

Great looking Charger Ron, can't wait to see that baby all done! :cheers:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

kamkuda

:hah:
QuoteLooks like you had to wipe off a little drool on the bottom there, eh? drool5 smilielol

:rofl:  :smilielol:

Steve P.

Quote from: kamkuda on July 11, 2007, 03:57:04 PM
QuoteLooks like you had to wipe off a little drool on the bottom there, eh? drool5 smilielol

Ummmmmmm,, that may not have been DROOL....   :D
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Mefirst

:2thumbs: Ron

Your ride looks absolutely  :punkrocka:

Now you get that Pig of yours assembled during the winter.. We have allot of 1/4 mile racing to take care of come season 2008 :stirthepot:

Take care Buddy :cheers:

/Tom

bull

If I'm readin that smudged sheet right :icon_smile_cool: it says your peak hp at the flywheel was 534 at between 5300-5900 rpm, right? What do you think that will translate to at the rear wheels?

472 R/T SE

25% reduction with an automatic bull IIRC.  Someone will correct me.

Ron, your HP numbers just don't seem to want to drop.  Impressive.  :o

bull

So roughly 400 hp @ the rear wheels then? That'll be fun. :naughty:

The70RT

I just now noticed this tread. Awsome Ron. I bet you' will be proud to driving the pig around. :drive:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

firefighter3931

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on July 11, 2007, 05:09:57 PM
25% reduction with an automatic bull IIRC.  Someone will correct me.

Ron, your HP numbers just don't seem to want to drop.  Impressive.  :o

Mike, that's the general rule of thumb with an auto trans....20-25%. The engine dynos will often vary in terms of power from one machine to the next so it's sometimes difficult to predict what the motor will do in the car....unless there is a history of HP to elapsed times with that particular dyno. Fortunately, that is the case with this unit....using the Moroso speed calculator and plugging in the weight and HP for the car the slide will give you an ET and mph.  :scratchchin:

This dyno has a long historical relationship of power numbers and how that translates to elapsed times. The Moroso calculator is pretty accurate when using this dyno's numbers and predicting ET based on body weight. That might not work well when using other engine dynos...but it works well with this one.

So, based on the engine power #'s on the sheet and using 4000 lbs the sliderule says 11.00 at 120 mph. I'm thinking that this might be a little on the optomistic side because the car is being built as a dual purpose street/strip machine with less than optimal gearing (4.10's) and less than optimal stall speed (4200) so it won't be bang on. My gut feeling is that it will run in the mid 11's (11.50-11.30) at 117-118 mph based on what i've seen before. Who knows....maybe i'll be pleasantly surprised when the time comes to play a little.  :icon_smile_big:

Ron

firefighter3931

Quote from: Steve P. on July 11, 2007, 04:00:40 PM
Quote from: kamkuda on July 11, 2007, 03:57:04 PM

Ummmmmmm,, that may not have been DROOL....   :D

You guys are freakin hilarious....lmao !  :smilielol:

Now be nice or i'll have to throw you into the cooler !  :devil:

Ron

doctorpimp

Very nice looking ride, Ron!

When do you figure you'll be done?
'73 Coupe, 470, Keisler 5spd, 3.55 SG; Petty Blue; Hideaway Headlights.

www.cardomain.com/ride/2119216

Crazy Larry

Quote from: Brock Samson on July 11, 2007, 12:24:59 AM
i was gonna tease ya' about yet another black charger but DAMN that looks good!  :notworthy:

Chargers were born in black...anything else is dress-up. :coolgleamA:

Blown68Coronet

Quote from: OttawaCharger on July 11, 2007, 12:10:55 PM
Looking real good!  I'm looking forward to seeing it lined up next to Blown68Coronet's car.  :D

:D :stirthepot: How many car length's?

firefighter3931

Quote from: Blown68Coronet on July 12, 2007, 11:40:53 AM

Strait up.....i'll just slice that big belt under your hood  :nana:  :lol:

Ron

Blown68Coronet

Quote from: firefighter3931 on July 12, 2007, 11:50:01 AM
Quote from: Blown68Coronet on July 12, 2007, 11:40:53 AM

Strait up.....i'll just slice that big belt under your hood  :nana:  :lol:

:smilielol:     :cheers:

runningman

Looks nice, I can't wait to get mine done :drool5:

Steve P.

Hey Ron, get your garage cleaned out and install an AC unit and I'll be up...  We'll have it together in no time..

No beer till the end of the work day though.....     :rofl:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

R2

Nice Work Ron,,,,,,,I like the red stripe with the black,,,,really sets off the car,,,,I agree,,it will look killer with the Prostars and BFG's,,,,especially the 295/65/15's...... did you go with a 8" or 10" rear rim ?? i cant remember,,,,

What rear suspension will it have ? stock springs,,,heavy duty,,,,super stock,,,,caltracs ? again, i dont remember which ....

I will order you up some mirrors,,,,so you can lay them around, under the car,,,, ? LOL,,,,,she is going to be quite the cream puff,,, lol  :nana:
Seriously,,,,its going to be great,,,,hopefully it will be at Norwalk in September,,,, :coolgleamA:

Someday,,,we will have to get a photo of the 2 girls together,,,, :2thumbs:

Do you need anything else to finish the car ?? sounds like it is getting close,,,,wish i could be there to see the transplant operation (aka engine install).....take some pics....i want to see them.... again,,great job.... :yesnod: :2thumbs: :cheers: :drool5:

firefighter3931

Douggie,

I went with the SS springs and 15x8 Prostars...same as yours. :2thumbs:  One guess where i got that idea from ?  :D

No Creampuff here....this car is gonna be a driver....those rear quarters will have some rubber on them !  :icon_smile_cool:

I'd luv to get a pic of out cars together.....for sure it will happen at some point.  ;)

I've got pretty much everything for it....just need some time to put it all back together  :P

Ron