News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Now its gettin' Interesting....

Started by Lowprofile, September 19, 2005, 03:32:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lowprofile

10 Guys racing for the championship, The next ten racing for the 11th spot [1 Million Dollars?] and 22 hammerheads with nothing to look forward to execept next season. Yea, NASCAR dosen't know what they're doing.

Great race yesterday. I don't think one car left the track without some twisted sheetmetal!   :D
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

4cruzin

Wow looks liek a Great race!!  Thanks for the pics!! 
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

Mudhawg

I'm just glad the 2 of the biggest babies got taken out.   Hate both those guys.   That would be Robby "Whhhhaaaaaaaaah" Gordon, and Kurt "i'm afraid to stand up to Jimmy Spencer" Busch. That's great ;D

dkn1997

nothing like calling out another driver and saying "shit' on national TV.  I was going back and forth between the yankees and that and I just caught it.....let the fines begin.  I think they will really make an example of him, that was no slip of the lip. 
RECHRGED

70charginglizard

That was just darn good nascar tv if you ask me.

Probably the best race I've seen all season.  :2thumbs: :2thumbs:  :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Not to mension the fact that my boy Ryan took first. Yeeeee Haww!
70charginglizard

Lowprofile

Quote from: dkn1997 on September 19, 2005, 05:42:15 PM
nothing like calling out another driver and saying "shit' on national TV. I was going back and forth between the yankees and that and I just caught it.....let the fines begin. I think they will really make an example of him, that was no slip of the lip.

Did they not fine Jr $25 Grand and 25 points last year for a slip-up??  If they don't fine Gordon double that for his "showmanship" on Sunday, then we know for sure that NASCAR is not straight up. :icon_smile_angry:

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: Lowprofile on September 19, 2005, 06:59:55 PM
Quote from: dkn1997 on September 19, 2005, 05:42:15 PM
nothing like calling out another driver and saying "shit' on national TV. I was going back and forth between the yankees and that and I just caught it.....let the fines begin. I think they will really make an example of him, that was no slip of the lip.

Did they not fine Jr $25 Grand and 25 points last year for a slip-up??   If they don't fine Gordon double that for his "showmanship" on Sunday, then we know for sure that NASCAR is not straight up. :icon_smile_angry:

I already know nascar isn't straight up but yeah...  Jr's was just a dumb mistake on tv and he got screwed for it... Gordon - that was something completely different.

I don't have a big problem with fine's for off the track things but taking away points for that was just taking it too far.
No wonder I don't watch many races anymore. 
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

BigBlackDodge

Robbie got hit for 35k.....................thats like ten bucks to you and me. ::)

BBD

Charger_Fan

That sucks, I missed the whole race. :-[

BTW, what's happening here??

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Lowprofile

Waltrip put him into the wall earlier. On a caution lap, Gordon got out of his car, and threw his helmet at Waltrip. :rotz:

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger

MoparYoungGun

Sorry to all the Kurt Bush fans (if there even are) but I loved seeing him getting taken out. It definitely was an eventful race.

TruckDriver

Quote from: BigBlackDodge on September 19, 2005, 07:09:42 PM
Robbie got hit for 35k.....................thats like ten bucks to you and me. ::)

BBD

That's the truth :-\
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

hotrod98

The only good thing about stock car racing is the wrecks. I think they should hose down turn 1 at every race just so we'll have something interesting to watch. Hard to sit and watch the exact same thing race after race.  ;D

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

NHCharger

Quote from: Lowprofile on September 19, 2005, 07:27:22 PM
Waltrip put him into the wall earlier. On a caution lap, Gordon got out of his car, and threw his helmet at Waltrip. :rotz:

Actually Gordon tried to back into Waltrip after the accident and take him out. Waltrip was expecting it because last year at this race Gordon tried to retaliate against someone (Biffle?) who had bumped him into the wall earlier. Gordon missed and ended up taking out Mayfield who was in the chase for the cup.
Gordon's a certified idiot far as I'm concerned. Wouldn't be surprised to see Jim Beam pull their sponsorship and go with a team that has a better chance of winning instead of a field filler.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

70charginglizard

Anyone got a good pic of Kasey driving over Busch's ford?

Reminds me of this pic from Christine.

Don't mess with Ma Mopar.....lol
70charginglizard

70charginglizard

"Kasey Kahne, driver of the No. 9 Dodge, was fined $25,000 because of an on-track altercation with another competitor during a caution period and placed on probation for the remainder of the year. Kahne violated Section 12-4-A of the series rule book (actions detrimental to stock car racing). Kahne was also penalized 25 driver championship points and car owner Ray Evernham losing 25 owner championship points."

:icon_smile_angry: Well what about Busch for causing the accident in the first place? Isn't that how Dale Earnhart died????

Nascar..."ummm, let me see. is it more dangerous to crash into some one at 180 mph on purpose or 50 mph?"
70charginglizard

tecmopar

This was close to the good old days when guys "rubbed paint". Neither one would have missed his mark back then, they would have crunched 'em good and then got out and kick the crap out of each other. Remember, its like 130* inside that car, tempers flair and it ain't "Badmitten or Tennis" , its Racing for some serious money. Plus, Gordons right, Waltrip is a piece of S**T.

Shakey

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on September 19, 2005, 07:20:43 PM
That sucks, I missed the whole race. :-[

BTW, what's happening here??

Michael Waltrip was having problems with the strap on his helmet and Robby Gordon said he could borrow his!  ;D

Afflyer

Michael Waltrip was having problems with the strap on his helmet and Robby Gordon said he could borrow his!   ;D
:smilielol: :smilielol:

I flipped between watching my Colts play, and the race.  I missed this scene.  I bet it was a good one.

Bradley  :icon_smile_approve:
Retired USAF C-130H3, C-130E, MC-130E, MC-130W Flight Engineer

1969 Charger 440/4bbl "Hemi Orange Mistress"
2009 Hemi Ram 1500 Sport Special Crew Cab "Black Betty"
2011 BMW X5 3.5i "Heidi"

volk68

70charginglizard

70charginglizard

Lowprofile

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger

73rallye440magnum

come one, EVERYBODIES got a little captain in em. that was a great race.
Current- 70 Charger XH29G Y3, F8, F8

Past- '73 Rallye U code, '69 Coronet 500 vert, '68 Roadrunner clone, XP29H8, XP29G8

'CUDA360

Hey guys, good discussion

That was a great race and I don't approve of Casey and Robby's actions they sure made for some great TV :yesnod:

But don't be dissen Mikey though, There is a rumor that he will be driving a Dodge next year.  (And if there is not a rumor let me start one now) :icon_smile_evil:

As for Robby and Kurt, we need those guys to be out there for target practice and did anyone see Spencer after the truck race on saturday?  More good TV :)

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P