News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

MoPar Dilemma

Started by Mean 318, July 04, 2007, 02:56:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What to do

Sell that truck and get the Charger
22 (52.4%)
Keep the truck... there will be more chargers
13 (31%)
That 68 is a pile.. he wants too much!
3 (7.1%)
The Truck is too nice to see go!
4 (9.5%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Mean 318

Yes I know you have all seen this stupid charger on here before... but I am finding it hard to not think about it! So I was wondering.... should I sell my Ram and use the cash to get the Charger or just wait on it and hope it is there in another five years if I happen to have the cash then.  Here is the info on both of them.
The 1968 Charger
CAR: Dodge Charger 2 Door Sports Hardtop
ENGINE: 383cid 2-bbl V8
TRANSMISSION: 3-Speed Automatic
TIRES: 7.75x14 White Side Wall
BUILD DATE: August 16.
AXLE: 2.76 Rear Axle Ratio
INTERIOR: Charger Trim Grade, Vinyl Bucket Seats. Light Blue Interior.
PAINT: Monotone Light Blue Metallic Paint.
OTHER: Light Blue Metallic Upper Door Frame Color.
MOLDINGS:
25: Drip Rail Mouldings
30: Body Belt Mouldings
78: Wheel Lip Mouldings
ABC OPTIONS:
H1: Power Brakes
P6: Rear Seat Speaker
R1: AM Radio
X1: Tinted Glass (all)
abc OPTIONS:
b4: Bucket Seats
h7: Fender or Hood Mounted Turn Signal Indicators
m6: Driver's Outside Remote Operated Mirror

It has been sitting since 76, it was hit on the Passenger side ¼ and the rear panel where the taillights mount needs to be replaced. There are dents here and there, and front pass fender has a small spot that was hit. The Car has a 383 that wont run, and 323 sure grip (thats what he says) but I am almost sure it is a 2.76 open rear. Buckets, buddy seat, rear speaker, clock, auto, comes with an extra door, extra quarter, a grill that is perfect.

THE BAD
It will need a pass side1/4 pnl which is what comes with it, and it is a full 1/4 pnl that goes all the way to the roof.
The pass side rocker needs to be replaced, the drivers side needs a patch.
The pass side, and drivers side lower fenders need work, and has some rust starting.
the drivers floor pan is soft, looks savable
The windshield is cracked, and the driver's side 1/4 glass was broke.
The horn ring is broken, needs a drivers side seat cover, dash pad, carpet, and door panels.
The rings are stuck from sitting.
The rims and tires are shot.
Pass side fender was pinched by the door, and the front of it is a little banged up.
The rear taillight pan is toast
The rear bumper is toast

THE GOOD!
# matching 383/727
Tinted glass
Power breaks
Rear seat speaker "all there and the radio bezel is good"
clock
Hood turn signals "still there"
Bucket seats/with buddy
Solid, trunk, frame, doors, rear window, and most of the floor
Mint grill
Extra full 1/4 pnl
Extra door
Extra taillights

Here is the truck I have

1990 dodge power ram
My truck is a 1990 Dodge Power Ram. I has a FI 318, auto. 3.55 gears, power windows, power locks, sliding rear windows, alloy rims, LE interior pkg, 4X4, AC, cruise, custom pin stripe, disc/drums and a bunch of other stuff I cant remember!

This baby has everything except power mirrors and is in very nice shape! I has had the oil changed every 1000 miles and runs like new! the only neg is that the windows dont work, the AC is out, and she needs tires! Otherwise a real looker! Pics of both.

My thing is that I love the truck and already have an old mopar that is a project, but at the same time I LOVE the 1968 dodge Charger more then any other mopar! If I got her I would keep the 383 727 in it and just make it a 4bbl, sure grip car, maybe change the color to black or keep it that blue! I would also make it an R/T just because R/Ts are so sexy and it is an easy coversion! Should I get rid of the Ram to buy this Charger? I think I would ask around 7000 for the truck and go from there on the price -the original owner of the Ram wants to buy it back from me so I know it would go to a good home and be loved! I drive the Ram about five times a month as it is these days, but it kicks ass to move parts, lol. The guy with the Charger wants 4500 but I would start at 3500 and max out at 4000... sound fair to you?  Thoughts? Thanks and sorry for the long ass post! Dilemma

Mean 318

more

Mean 318

more

TruckDriver

I'd keep the truck. There are a lot of good Chargers out there yet for the price. OR, you can give me the truck, and get the Charger then :D
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

red72chrgr

I'd keep the truck, just my opinion. You've got a very sharp looking truck.
Nothing personal, just business

1carcrazyguy

If the truck is your only means of transportation.....keep the truck.   If the truck is a driveable project and you have a real daily driver.  Thats easy, SELL the truck and buy your DREAM CAR!!   :2thumbs:

moparguy01

I'd keep the truck. that charger isnt a bad deal at that price, but its not a huge steal either. and if its been sitting since 76 its gonna need ALOT of work to get it drivable.

Manfred318

Quote from: moparguy01 on July 04, 2007, 07:09:58 PM
I'd keep the truck. that charger isnt a bad deal at that price, but its not a huge steal either. and if its been sitting since 76 its gonna need ALOT of work to get it drivable.
:iagree:
That is one sharp lookin' truck :yesnod: :2thumbs:

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.

Charger1973

Theres a ton of those trucks out there.  Thats a nice looking project Charger and if its what you really want, you cant go wrong...  You could get the car and still have some leftover cash to buy another daily driver or if you dont need one, you could put that money towards parts for the car.  Think 10 or 15 years into the future and which you would rather have.  Im gonna guess the Charger. 

Old Moparz

What's your other old Mopar project? Is it something you'd rather have less than the '68 Charger? The truck is nice & very handy to have, I know I can't live without a truck at this point & see it as a necessity. What about selling the other old project?
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

PocketThunder

Quote from: Old Moparz on July 05, 2007, 08:04:25 AM
What's your other old Mopar project? Is it something you'd rather have less than the '68 Charger? The truck is nice & very handy to have, I know I can't live without a truck at this point & see it as a necessity. What about selling the other old project?

The Coronet?
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

my73charger

That is one sweet truck.  I would have a hard time parting with it.

dkn1997

you say you only drive the truck 5x a month and to haul parts?  sell it and buy the charger.  the charger is a decent deal at that price, but are you sure you can get 7K for a 17 year old pickup?  it's mint, but I did not think there was a huge market for that year/make...
RECHRGED

Mean 318

Quote from: dkn1997 on July 05, 2007, 07:42:22 PM
you say you only drive the truck 5x a month and to haul parts?  sell it and buy the charger.  the charger is a decent deal at that price, but are you sure you can get 7K for a 17 year old pickup?  it's mint, but I did not think there was a huge market for that year/make...
I am going off of E bag... prices have JUMPED this last year
I saw a truck the EXACT same go for 8500

dkn1997

then it's a no brainer.  sell the truck, buy the charger and have cash left over for lots of parts....

Think of it this way.  In a few years, if you decided to try to get another charger with a matching numbers big block, how easy will it be?  In a few years, if you wanted another pickup like that one, how easy would it be?

RECHRGED

PocketThunder

Quote from: dkn1997 on July 05, 2007, 09:33:58 PM
then it's a no brainer.  sell the truck, buy the charger and have cash left over for lots of parts....

Think of it this way.  In a few years, if you decided to try to get another charger with a matching numbers big block, how easy will it be?  In a few years, if you wanted another pickup like that one, how easy would it be?

:iagree: EXACTLY!  Sell the truck because they are still a dime a dozen.  I think its a no brainer at this point. :shruggy:  Wuch you gonna do? :scratchchin:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Charger_Fan

Well, there's always a time when "a guy just NEEDS a truck"...afterall, there's only so much trunk space in a Coronet. :icon_smile_tongue: I'd say if there's days when you really need a truck & it would suck being without one, but you still really want that Charger & selling your truck is the only way to get you there, then...
Sell the truck,
Buy the Charger,
Then buy a cheap truck for those truck duty days & you'll have all your bases covered. :thumbs:

BTW, a cheap truck doesn't have to be the most butt-ugly thing out there. Keep an eye out for a good deal. I've found that some older folks who aren't really car people just feel that once a vehicle gets to a certain point, it's practically only worth it's weight in scrap & will sell it dirt cheap.
A few months ago, I snagged this '76 F250 for $450. Sure I've had to fix a few little ailments, but now it's reliable & a hard worker...and the best part is that I'm not even into it for a grand. ;)

Oh & I've also found that cheap trucks are usually always poop brown, puke green, or piss yellow. Mine's brown. :icon_smile_tongue:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Charger1973

Put a hidden hitch on the Coronet and get a utility trailer.   ;D

skip68

The charger is going up in value and the truck is going down.   :Twocents:   GOODBYE TRUCK , HELLO CHARGER...........
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

dkn1997

Quote from: skip68 on July 06, 2007, 01:09:30 PM
The charger is going up in value and the truck is going down.   :Twocents:   GOODBYE TRUCK , HELLO CHARGER...........

as I used to say in the 80's:

WORD!!
RECHRGED

h76

Keep the truck and sell me the charger ;)
If you have time and money get the charger.If you don't keep the truck.

Mean 318

Well I got offered $7000 for the ram today so I am going to look at the Charger and see if he will take 4

RD

Quote from: dkn1997 on July 06, 2007, 02:56:46 PM

WORD!!

hell, i still say that.... 

oh yeah.. sell the damn truck and buy the charger... your coronet will only get you so far on a dodge charger board :D j/k
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Mean 318

Quote from: RD on July 13, 2007, 05:11:53 PM
Quote from: dkn1997 on July 06, 2007, 02:56:46 PM

WORD!!
LMAO!!! I want to go see it and be sure it is what I want! I also want to be sure this guy will sell! I would be three shades of pissed if I sold the truck and he backed out :flame:. I hope I can see it soon. Any last words? lol

hell, i still say that.... 

oh yeah.. sell the damn truck and buy the charger... your coronet will only get you so far on a dodge charger board :D j/k

69charger2002

i agree. super nice truck, but it's NOT a charger. sell it and get the charger. no doubt
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/