News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

ANY NEWS ON NEW CHALLENGERS ????

Started by daytonalo, July 02, 2007, 11:20:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daytonalo

DID THE SALE OF MOTHER MOPAR KILL THE CHALLENGER?  I SAW ONE OF THOSE BUTT UGLY 4 DOOR FAMILY CAR DAYTONA R/T DRIVING AROUND WITH WHAT LOOKED LIKE THE CHALLENGER PROTOTYPE RIMS . LOVE THOSE RIMS , HATE THAT 4 DOOR MESS !!!!!!!!!

Ghoste

There is a thread (Challengers on the road or something like that) that is current and has links to spy photos and other news.  It sounds like it is still a go.

Todd Wilson

A week ago we had our Mopar show at the local dealership. I talked with the manager about stuff going on and he said the new outfit that took over  should bring good things for Mopar.   He also said the Challenger is a go  and the first year will be a collector version with limited # built and engine combo's and then the 2nd year  they are gonna produce a bunch and some may have a 6 cylinder engine.

Todd

Brock Samson

Shakey

Just found out on the weekend that they are building 4 shells per day in Brampton, ON and shipping them to Detroit, MI via a covered unmarked truck.  These are painted shells (white, red and blue) and are mounted on a metal frame/skid.  Once in Detroit, the drivetrain and interior is added.  They are prototypes for testing purposes.

Ghoste

Covered unmarked meaning that it isn't one of the regular carriers or it isn't one of the Chrysler trucks running up and down the 401?

Shakey

Quote from: Ghoste on July 03, 2007, 09:38:34 AM
Covered unmarked meaning that it isn't one of the regular carriers or it isn't one of the Chrysler trucks running up and down the 401?

Correct.

TripleBlackGator

I recently spoke with a local dealer and he said that the Challenger is a go. They will be taking orders sometime next year for NUMBERED CARS ONLY! Meaning collectors and others who must have one of the first year cars. Even though orders will be taken in '08 he said the cars would not be delivered until '09. Please bear in mind that this is what ONE dealer says. We all know how things change week to week with Ma Mopar.
Malicious, vindictive, spiteful, cynical, pessimistic, sarcastic, & antagonistic. And those are my good traits!

sixpack70

'll wait a year and get it when its not a collector numbers car. If things go the way I hope in life, I will be able to afford one of those cars. (no more wife equals I do what I want) They look awesome and would be one of the coolest cars in a while that Dodge has produced. Now if it goes for 50k, I think I'll save the money and pour it into my charger.
1966 Falcon
1969 Mustang Mach 1
1970 Charger R/T 440+6 4spd

41husk

In the last thread there was a hint that a convertible will follow.  I think I might wait and see :think:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

TripleBlackGator

Malicious, vindictive, spiteful, cynical, pessimistic, sarcastic, & antagonistic. And those are my good traits!

TripleBlackGator

I did click on the count down. It's just a count down timer. Maybe it's the pessimist in me but I'll believe it when I see it. I had high hopes for the "new" Charger and we all know what happened there. Hey, I would love to see them produce cars just like the concept vehicle with the 5.7 , 6.1 (425hp) and the supposed 6.4 (500hp) with a 4 speed and a 30K to 35K price tag but then again I would love to win the lottery too.