News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Remove defrost pods from dash without taking out the windshield 68-70 B-Body?

Started by Blakcharger440, June 30, 2007, 10:46:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blakcharger440

Can the defrost pods from the top of the dash be removed without removing the windshield on a 68-70 Charger or B-body?

Troy

Assuming you're talking about the vents, I always thought that you couldn't. However, some part of my brain remembers getting mine out with the windshield still installed but I have no idea how it happened. Perhaps one of the studs was broken? I'll have to look again tomorrow to verify that they are indeed out of the car.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

y3chargerrt

Its been a while but Im sure I pulled mine out to detail them and reinstalled them with the window in.

69charger2002

i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

Chatt69chgr

I pulled a set with the windshield on at the junkyard.  You kind of have to bend them a little to get them past the glass and out of the hole.  The attachment tabs have a habit of breaking when you back the speednut off. 

41husk

Quote from: Chatt69chgr on July 01, 2007, 11:47:51 PM
I pulled a set with the windshield on at the junkyard.  You kind of have to bend them a little to get them past the glass and out of the hole.  The attachment tabs have a habit of breaking when you back the speednut off. 
[/quote
yes you can get them out and they have a little flex to them,  I could not get the new ones in, infact I broke the passenger side,  I ended up having my windshield pulled becaus I wanted to paint my dash, but  you can cut the tube down about an inch connect the flexible duct to the tube with duct tape or rthe clips and it should go in much easier, no one will no the difference and if you ever have an issue with a vent you know it will come out with out pulling the windshield.  Just a thought. 
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up