News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wheel/Tire Comb for '72 Charger

Started by Hot_Rodder, June 30, 2007, 07:21:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hot_Rodder

I'm hoping you all can give me a little bit better idea to what "to look into" for a wheel/tire combo for me recent purchase of a '72 Charger SE. It is a factory front power disc brake car with rear drums. The wheels on it now are 14" with new (but a few years old, just never driven with b/c the tran's went out shortly after they were bought by the previous owner, figures don't it?) tires, and the rear has 14" wheels also with 50 series tires. I'd like to stick with the 50 series, but the seem to stick out just a little... on each side. I thought about maybe seeing if changing the offset would help, but I have not been able to get under the car to see how close they are to the wheel well on the inside, plus the car has a rear sway bar, I need to get some pic's of this, and post them, because the rear suspension looks a little funky to me.... But anyway, I'm thinking of going to either a 15" or 16" wheel, I'm not sure how 17" or larger would look on these cars, so.... Also, one other thing, I am willing to change the speedometer pinion gear in the tran's to match a tire height to try and keep the speedometer either correct, or very close, so.... :popcrn:

mikesbbody

i run 245/60/15 on the fron and 275/60/15 on the rear i have a charger like yours. I dont mind the oversized wheels but i wouldnt go bigger than 17-18's imo its all about getting the look to look right.

Hot_Rodder

Thanks for the info, pretty good size tires. I'm not sure what the motor will be putting out, but it shouldn't be a light weight. I'm trying to base it on a "proven" 383 build over at cuda-challenger, but with a few "modifications" to it, so.....I plan on getting new leaf springs anyway, so maybe that will help with the car height if I go with the same tire sizes listed in the web links. Looks good either way. Once again, thanks for the info.