News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Things To Spot

Started by JMF, June 29, 2007, 02:35:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JMF

How do you spot filler on cars? When going to look at a car, I know how to spot the obvious things like rust but how do you spot any other things like filler in the panels? Any tips? Thanks

BMOTOXSTAR

Look for waves and low or high spots. Run the palm of your hand down the panels. Also feel the lips on the quarters.
The magnet trick is a old misconception. :Twocents:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

terrible one

Knock on suspected spots. You can easily tell the difference between the thuds when you hit bondo and the crisp response from the metal.

JMF

Thanks for the replies, keep them coming

sharpspike

hit it with a hammer, if it dents its metal, if it shatters an cracks its filler. :smilielol:

BMOTOXSTAR

73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

Charger1973

Yeah crawl underneath and look under the quarter panels and around the rear wheel lip.  Alot of times you will see where they didnt finish smoothing it out under there.  Also check the inside of the back part of the front fender by looking inside where the door hinges are and underneath right there is a good spot to look too.  Always check frame rails and structural points as well.   :Twocents: