News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Don't mess with this retired Marine!

Started by TruckDriver, June 27, 2007, 05:05:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TUFCAT

Quote from: dkn1997 on June 28, 2007, 05:40:34 PM
If my kid steals a pack of gum, I would hope the store manager would have the good sense to beat his ass.

Truer words have never been spoken.  Thanks dkn1997  :angel:

Big Lebowski

Once again 99% of us oppose Last 426's logic, but as we wait for his reply, I'll just keep enjoying the sounds of crickets tonight. :2thumbs:
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

TUFCAT

Quote from: Big Lebowski on June 28, 2007, 08:36:59 PM

Once again 99% of us oppose Last 426's logic, but as we wait for his reply, I'll just keep enjoying the sounds of crickets tonight. :2thumbs:

TRUST ME,  I AGREE WITH THE BIG LEBOWSKI ON THIS ONE (AND EVERYBODY ELSE WHO POSTED ON THE SAME LINES) SO LET'S NOT GET THE THREAD LOCKED  :2thumbs:

This may start to qualify as one of "Troy's Trifecta" of naughtiness (....like ganging up on last426 for his "politics")

So far our views have been acceptable to the mods, let's not single anybody out.....

Cheers  :cheers:

Tcat

69DodgeCharger

Maybe Kim realized there was no acceptable logic to his posts and has decided to bow out. We have all been guilty of talking out of our asses before our brains kicked in at one time or another.....and I am thinking we all will again at some point. Don't be too hard on the guy now he is still a Charger owner!
http://www.mypowerblock.com/profile/69DodgeCharger

The bugle sounds the charge begins. But on this battlefield no one wins.

TK73

Quote from: Big Lebowski on June 28, 2007, 08:36:59 PM

That's an easy one... 99% of people don't understand the law.  Simply because one doesn't understand a subject does not infer that the professional on that subject is incorrect in drawing conclusions from the facts at hand.

As mentioned above, I was curious also if this should be considered a simple "property" crime, or is there a question about potential "assault"?  Thank you for your point Hemigeno.  My expertise as an Adjudicator for the State of Washington lies in a very narrow and specialized part of the law, I certainly don't have the extensive training or experience such as Kim.

1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

last426

Jeesh, you guys are so spirited and, I am sorry to say, still playing the "quien is mas macho" thing.  Let's wait and see how the situation plays out.

But I do need to address the statement that I have caused a bunch of locked threads.  I might be wrong, but I cannot remember ever causing a thread to be locked.  You see, I never personally attack a person because I respect all you folks, including the ones who disagree with me.  Lastly, I don't know what state this happened in.  Perhaps some are correct that the alleged thief can't sue because he committed the vile act, I don't know.  Regardless, most states that I am aware of restrict folks from physical violence for a property crime.  That, in my opinion, is a good thing.  But in the meantime, my hit counter needs to go up at www.marlia.com  Kim

Recharger

Quote from: last426 on June 29, 2007, 01:52:47 AM
Jeesh, you guys are so spirited and, I am sorry to say, still playing the "quien is mas macho" thing. 
What exactly are you referring to with that statement?  Most of the posts I've seen reflect common logic and normal American values.  It's not about being macho, it's about justice.  Maybe you don't comprehend either.   It seems to me you're the one playing the "quien es mas pussy" angle on the whole story. 

But I do need to address the statement that I have caused a bunch of locked threads.  I might be wrong, but I cannot remember ever causing a thread to be locked.  You see, I never personally attack a person because I respect all you folks, including the ones who disagree with me.

I guess you don't "personally attack" anyone because your wackjob ideas are a general affront to everyone, and to common logic as a whole?  Does that insulate your ego well enough for you to feel proud of yourself?

I s'pose I was the one who made the statement about you causing locks, and to be fair, I haven't surfed through your previous posts, nor do I have the stomach for it now.  Having said that, months and months of surfing this site has left me with the lasting impression that you simply enjoy offering up off-base extremist opinions on topics that most folks would typically see eye-to-eye on.   You're definitely a flame-baiter.  Accept it.  As I said before, I can only assume you sit back and get off on all the negative response. 

And ironically enough, here I am taking the bait and replying to your bullshit.   I'm done.

Hooray for ass-kicking vets. :patriot:

TruckDriver

Lastly, I don't know what state this happened in.

Did you read the whole story? The first thing it says in the story is what city and state it happened in.  ::) :rotz:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

pettyfan43

Jeesh, you guys are so spirited and, I am sorry to say, still playing the "quien is mas macho" thing.  Let's wait and see how the situation plays out.

But I do need to address the statement that I have caused a bunch of locked threads.  I might be wrong, but I cannot remember ever causing a thread to be locked.  You see, I never personally attack a person because I respect all you folks, including the ones who disagree with me.  Lastly, I don't know what state this happened in.  Perhaps some are correct that the alleged thief can't sue because he committed the vile act, I don't know.  Regardless, most states that I am aware of restrict folks from physical violence for a property crime.  That, in my opinion, is a good thing.  But in the meantime, my hit counter needs to go up at www.marlia.com  Kim

Maybe you aren't intelligent enough to understand that when that lowlife thief loser stuck his had IN THE GUYS POCKET, THAT goes from property crime to ASSAULT And GUESS WHAT? THAT means you CAN defend yourself, no matter what somebody like you things..

And know what else, nobody here gives a crap about your hit counter. We can figure out how you bought your car, by screwing over crime VICTIMS!

Charger_Fan

I suppose everyone's entitled to their opinion. It just happens that in this case, Kim's ain't right. :nana:

But in the meantime, my hit counter needs to go up at www.marlia.com  Kim
Speaking of which, your back yard's lookin' good. :cheers:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

hemigeno

OK guys,

This has gone past the point of debate and over into the name-calling arena.

Disagreeing with someone's opinion is one thing, but the insults hurled in Kim's direction cross the line.  Find another point to argue, or we'll have to cut this one short.

:hack:

BMOTOXSTAR

73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

dkn1997

..... most states that I am aware of restrict folks from physical violence for a property crime.....

What if the Marine believed that was this was more than a property crime?
Let's forget for a moment about just plain old right and wrong here, and my law school training consists of seeing a ton of law & order episodes and staying in a holiday express last night, but.....If this lowlife came up behind the old fella and put his hand in the pocket, wouldn't the old guy be justified using physical force if he BELEIVED that he was in danger?  it really wouldn't matter if real danger existed, but if the marine had reason to believe it did, wouldn't it be justified?  couldn't he argue that all he knew was that someone came up behind him and was making contact with him and he was scared that the person might have a knife or a gun? 

haven't people gotten away with way worse crimes because the convinced a Jury that they were scared for thier lives when they committed X or Y crime?

I am probably way off base here legally, but I thought I would give it a shot. 

and here's to you all you lawyers out there bleeding the rest of us dry:   :moon:
RECHRGED

Rocky

I like this article even better.

Police: Former Marine Shoots 2 Subway Robbery Suspects
Customer Kills 1, Wounds Another, Police Say

POSTED: 6:52 am EDT June 28, 2007
UPDATED: 4:41 pm EDT June 28, 2007

PLANTATION, Fla. -- A retired United States Marine disrupted a robbery in progress when he shot two men who attempted to rob a Subway sandwich shop, fatally wounding one of them, police said.

According to Plantation police, two armed men barged into the Subway at 1949 Pine Island Road shortly after 11 p.m. Wednesday, demanding money from the employee behind the counter. When they tried to force John Lovell into the bathroom, he pulled out a gun and shot both men, police said.

Donicio Arrindell, 22, was shot in the head and later died at the hospital. Fredrick Gadson, 21, was shot in the chest and ran from the Subway, but police found him in hiding in some bushes on the property of a nearby BankAtlantic.

Lovell, 71, was the lone customer at the time. Police said he had a concealed weapons permit.

A witness who was about to enter the Subway at the time said he thought the shootings were justified.

"I think justice, you know, was served and a civilian was a hero for today," Sebastian Shakespeare said.

Police said Lovell, a retired Marine, wouldn't be charged.

TruckDriver

Quote from: Rocky on June 29, 2007, 09:45:52 PM

PLANTATION, Fla. -- A retired United States Marine disrupted a robbery in progress when he shot two men who attempted to rob a Subway sandwich shop, fatally wounding one of them, police said.

According to Plantation police, two armed men barged into the Subway at 1949 Pine Island Road shortly after 11 p.m. Wednesday, demanding money from the employee behind the counter. When they tried to force John Lovell into the bathroom, he pulled out a gun and shot both men, police said.

Donicio Arrindell, 22, was shot in the head and later died at the hospital. Fredrick Gadson, 21, was shot in the chest and ran from the Subway, but police found him in hiding in some bushes on the property of a nearby BankAtlantic.

Lovell, 71, was the lone customer at the time. Police said he had a concealed weapons permit.

A witness who was about to enter the Subway at the time said he thought the shootings were justified.

"I think justice, you know, was served and a civilian was a hero for today," Sebastian Shakespeare said.

AWSOME STORY!!!!  :2thumbs: :bow:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Big Lebowski

I guess I'm going to have to go to Washington to pass a law called the..."You can defend your property & your life act." Kinda like the way Robert Duvall & Kevin Costner handled "the law" in the movie Open Range. :popcrn:
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Wi. Charger Guy on June 30, 2007, 11:36:23 AM
Quote from: Rocky on June 29, 2007, 09:45:52 PM

AWSOME STORY!!!!  :2thumbs: :bow:
:iagree: Friggin' awesome!

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Afflyer

Quote from: last426 on June 27, 2007, 10:04:29 PM
I disagree.  The Marine should be charged with assault.  It is not legal to use violence against a possible perpetrator of a property crime.  Using this logic, any kid who pockets a pack of gum could be thrown down and beat by the store manager.  Or your teen age daughter could be beaten by the security guard for taking a tube of lipstick.  Nope, not in my country.  It's good to know that, whether or not prosecuted legally, the victim will be able to sue the Marine for much more than the three hundred dollars. Kim

I gotta tell ya, that took BALLS to write...BIG ENOUGH FOR ME TO KICK THOUGH!  HA HA HA :eek2:
Retired USAF C-130H3, C-130E, MC-130E, MC-130W Flight Engineer

1969 Charger 440/4bbl "Hemi Orange Mistress"
2009 Hemi Ram 1500 Sport Special Crew Cab "Black Betty"
2011 BMW X5 3.5i "Heidi"

dkn1997

Quote from: Afflyer on July 01, 2007, 09:59:55 PM
Quote from: last426 on June 27, 2007, 10:04:29 PM
I disagree.  The Marine should be charged with assault.  It is not legal to use violence against a possible perpetrator of a property crime.  Using this logic, any kid who pockets a pack of gum could be thrown down and beat by the store manager.  Or your teen age daughter could be beaten by the security guard for taking a tube of lipstick.  Nope, not in my country.  It's good to know that, whether or not prosecuted legally, the victim will be able to sue the Marine for much more than the three hundred dollars. Kim

I gotta tell ya, that took BALLS to write...BIG ENOUGH FOR ME TO KICK THOUGH!  HA HA HA :eek2:

All of kim's posts are good ones.....for me to poop on!!!
RECHRGED

bull

Quote from: last426 on June 28, 2007, 12:46:48 AM
You guys need to stop playing quien es mas macho and address the meat of my comment.  Using this logic, any kid who pockets a pack of gum could be thrown down and beaten by the store manager.  Or your teen age daughter could be beaten by the security guard for taking a tube of lipstick. 

Answer this: what is the difference between a kid taking a pack of gum and the store keeper beating him or a guy attempting to get a wallet and the guy beating him.  The fact remains, it is not legal to use force to combat a property crime.  I am surprised that most everyone seems to advocate anarchy and are against the laws of this country. 

Well, one difference is that you're talking about children vs. adults and the reality of this situation is that it's an elderly man vs. a man in the prime of his life. It's too easy to play the child card when you're making these philosophical legal arguments that defy logic but no one is buying it. And the laws you quote are only as good as the jury members evaluating them and applying them to the case. This case won't even make it to a grand jury. No DA would ever touch it, nor should they. The only thing this puke thief can hope for is a civil suit and I doubt he's dumb enough to try it.

Lowprofile

Quote from: Big Lebowski on June 30, 2007, 12:20:06 PM
  I guess I'm going to have to go to Washington to pass a law called the..."You can defend your property & your life act." Kinda like the way Robert Duvall & Kevin Costner handled "the law" in the movie Open Range. :popcrn:

Execellent movie Bro!  :2thumbs:

And Semper Fi to that Marine!
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

Shakey

Just gettin' to this one - hilarious stuff guys.

Sure says a lot about the way some of the folks on this site think.  Kinda scary.

bull

Quote from: Shakey on July 03, 2007, 06:41:40 PM
Just gettin' to this one - hilarious stuff guys.

Sure says a lot about the way some of the folks on this site think.  Kinda scary.

Why, are you a pitpocketer? :icon_smile_big: Seriously, I don't think you or anyone else needs to be afraid of getting their a$$ beat if they just keep their hands to themselves.

JR

So Kim, if you are in the Marine's shoes, and a thug reaches around to your pocket to steal your money in the convience store, what would you do?

Hand it to him so he doesn't strain himself reaching?
Offer him the extra money in your other pocket?
Make him a to go coffee and hand him your business card so maybe you'll have a future client?
Hand him your car keys so he won't have to take the bus?

Let me ask you this, Say the thug reaches in your pockets and pulls out the keys to your Charger intending to ride off to the chop shop. You catch him doing it.  You're telling me you won't do anything about it because it's wrong to defend yourself and your property?

Please, do tell....
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green