News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

blown fuseable link

Started by acharger68, June 26, 2007, 05:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

acharger68

I`m just getting my car "running". New motor,etc. The problem is I`ve blown 2 fuseable links. The first one just melted to the point where  I couldn`t get the fuse out. Had to buy a new one. The second one blew pulling in the garage after its first maiden vouage down the street. Luckly I didn`t go far. The fuse thats in it is a 20. Is that the right size?? I wanna figure this out before I have a fire!! Electrically everything seems to be ok. My headlights aren`t working right now,but I think its my floor dimmer switch --Got a new one on the way. As for the fuse is something wired wrong causing it to pop?? Any ideas where to start looking for the problem?? :-\  Thanks for any help!
Mopar To Ya !! :drive:

Plumcrazy

Fusible links do not have fuses.  A fusible link is a piece of wire that acts as a very slow blow fuse.  I'm pretty sure a 16 gauge fusible link is the correct size for your car. 

Year One among others sell them.

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

1BAD68

what fuse are you refering to? If its the one on the starter relay, you definately need a fusible link not a fuse, a fuse reacts too quick to voltage spikes and pop. A fusible link absorbs the spikes.

acharger68

Great info. I thought there was fuses in them. I guess I`ll be purchasing one then.Thanks for the help guys!
Mopar To Ya !! :drive: