News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Lowering?

Started by TBCharger, June 23, 2007, 11:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TBCharger

OK, Im kinda ignorant when it comes to stuff like this, and I havent had much experience with older cars like these, but how do you lower a car that doesn't have springs, like my 72 charger. Is it with the shocks? Im not worried about the rear suspension, I have air shocks and I dont wante it lower anyways, just the front. Thanks. :scratchchin:

Charger1973

You can adjust the torsion bars with the adjuster bolt, but you need to be careful not to get it too low or your suspension will bottom out on itself.  Also you will need a front end alignment if you change the height. 

Charger1973

Another thing to remember is that when you lower it you release some of the tension on the bars and the ride will lose some of its stiffness so the front end will seem bouncier the lower it is. 

TBCharger

Charger1973

Hey no problem.  If you go to lower it, make sure you are adjusting the right bolt because if you have never done it before its a little tricky to tell which one it is.  Id post a pic if I had one but I dont right now.  If you need a pic I can take one but it wont be tonight.   ;)

TBCharger

Dont go take a pic just for me, Ill figure it out. Ill probably try it tomorrow or sometime this week. Also getting some Cragars. :yesnod:
Thanks again.

Mo Power

Hey where is this bolt located on a 73 Charger not a bad idea to lower them I dont got any knowledge on front ends so if you could show me a picture that would be helpful.
1973 Charger SE
1972 Roadrunner-1 of 34 power sunroofs                                
          Crazy colors, Wacky decals, and Massive engines
                      That's what Mopars alll about

Nacho-RT74

is the 13/16 bolt located in LCA... in fact that's the only bolt around
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Charger1973

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on June 27, 2007, 11:12:27 PM
is the 13/16 bolt located in LCA... in fact that's the only bolt around

True.  The reason I say it is confusing is that when you look for it, if you dont know what you are looking for, its not what you would expect to be looking for.  Heres a picture.  Sorry I dont remember whos picture this was and I know its not a 3rd gen but its in the same place. 

Mo Power

Thanks I going to give it a shot
1973 Charger SE
1972 Roadrunner-1 of 34 power sunroofs                                
          Crazy colors, Wacky decals, and Massive engines
                      That's what Mopars alll about

hemihead

What they forgot to tell you is anytime you mess with the front end you should have an alignment done.
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

Charger1973

Quote from: Charger1973 on June 24, 2007, 12:08:38 AM
you will need a front end alignment if you change the height.