News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Mopar 360 crate engine?

Started by TBCharger, June 23, 2007, 11:55:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TBCharger

I have a few questions about them.
Are they worth it?
What are they designed for(Street, racecar, Ect.)
Will they bolt in to a B-Body with out modifications?

Chryco Psycho

MY experience is No they are not worth it
the 1 I worked with had a Yellow dot on each of the timing gears & was still installed 1 tooth off , good thing I decided to check where the cam was degreed Berfore starting it , then when & went to fix it the cam would not turn so we removed the cam plate & found steel shavings in there , then I pulled the cam & found that the rear cam plug was loctited into place with too much locktite & had basically all but seized the cam , whne we finally started it it over heated as the block was nor porperly cleaned so we shut down & refired it which ate the cam so the engine was removed clkeaned & re-installed with a new cam & fired up again , now we found out that the engine was so far out of balance it had to be pulled agian , we contacted Mopar about returning the engine ... but you guessed it ..... No warranty
just get one built right locally With a warranty

Rolling_Thunder

I had no problems with mine. It made the power that was advertised and never gave  me a bit of trouble...     modifications needed include motor mounts, 68 will need a radiator modification -
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Challenger340

I don't like them much,

mainly because I can't build them for that price at my shop !

Just being honest.
Only wimps wear Bowties !

deathtrap

I ordered one at western Canada's largest Mopar Parts distributors (P5153475). After almost a year, nothing. Cancelled the order when they told me that another customer's order order for a 528 arrived 2+ years later (long cancelled by that customer). Unless the dealer has one in hand, I suspect you will be waiting a LONG time. The valve cover gaskets I ordered months ago and picked up at NAPA have still yet to arrive... Even the most basic of parts seem to be on backorder. Good luck?