News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

new seat covers from pg classic any tips?

Started by toplescuda, June 22, 2007, 11:56:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toplescuda

my full set of seat covers came in today for our 71 charger  can anyone offer any tips on installing them my self?   gonna go tomarrow and buy some hog rings and plyiers for the job

Charger1973

Ive heard garbage bags over the seat foams will let the covers slide on really easily, and then you can just pull the bags out after they are on.   Havent tried it yet, but I plan to soon!  :2thumbs:

68 RT

Buy a good set of hog ring pliers. Warm up the seat covers before install, setting out in the sun will warm them up. Take your time don't rush. May need help on the back seat bottom to compress the sping. Make sure you have a large smooth work area with no shap edges etc. i did mine and they turned out great. After you have the seats in the car let it sit outside with windows up and in the sun. This will remove any small wrinkles in the seats. Also if your seat foam is too far gone it will need replaced. Good luck!

Just 6T9 CHGR

I have followed a tip that was written in one of the Hot Rod mags.

When I redid my seats I placed a piece of carpet between the springs & the foam to firm up the seat (this aids the burlap in preventing the foam from bleeding through the springs)  My seats are nice & firm now, not soft & mushy :Twocents:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T