News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

XV Open Track Event - Just for Musclecars!

Started by dqhemi, June 22, 2007, 04:21:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dqhemi

Well, here is the official announcement!

We've put together a real open track / driving school event exclusively for classic musclecars. 

We've rented a 1.5 mile road course and 3,300 front straight.  Track was selected to be optimal for these types of cars, so you'll be able to use you Horsepower, Suspension and brakes.

This is being held on a real deal road race course - not an auto-cross.

Professional instructors will be on hand to help out whether it is your first time on a road race course, or you are a track veteran looking to sharpen your skills. Look at the flyer and you'll see this is a full driving school type event with instructors available every step of the way.

We're super excited about this and it has been many months in the making.  All you need to do is sign up and come out and play - we've done all the hard work!

All makes and models welcome - but I'm hoping we don't end up with all Chevy's besides us!  Come on guys!! 

We'd like to see some cars with Alterkation, Magnum Force and other setups as well!! 

And for those of you who have been wondering, here's your chance to see what our cars really do, up close and personal!  Maybe even get a ride in one on track.... 

Anyway the flyer below has all the details.  We're limiting the number of entries so everyone gets plenty of track time.  We're also allowing a limited number of spectators to attend.  ALL must register in advance. 

Whether you bring your car to play or just want to watch there should be some pretty serious hardware in attendance.  Can't speak for anyone else, but we'll be ready to wring out some of our cars. 

Hope you're able to come out and play with us.

Here's the details:

XV Open Track Flyer

Driver Entry Form

Spectator Entry Form

John Buscema
XV Motorsports
www.xvmotorsports.com

XV Scott

The XV Motorsports Open Track Day is fast approaching (Thursday, October 11, 2007) and we are very much looking forward to a fun filled day!

While we have many unique musclecars already signed up we are looking to have more entries participating. So if you are looking for a way to really stretch your musclecars legs and see what it can do in a safe, controlled race track environment please sign up today for the XV Motorsports Open Track Event. We will have professional instructors present to give tips and pointers along with extensive media coverage.

So please visit the XV Motorsports website to sign up today! Here is a link to the entry form page:

http://www.xvmotorsports.com/news/news_display1.cfm?id=40

Any questions please feel free to contact us at (914) 693-1122. Ask for either Scott or Peter.

Look forward to seeing some really cool musclecars there!!
Scott Landis
XV Motorsports
www.xvmotorsports.com

Blakcharger440

Too bad it isnt closer to the midwest or I would be all over this event. Guys out east should be getting in on that because that seems like a
great event for the performance oriented guys,to see what your car can do or just be a spectator.

bordin34

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

suntech

I would love to be there, and my car is just somting like 3 hours away. To bad i am in the other side of the planet!!!! :brickwall:
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

bordin34

I have a house near Lake Wallenpaupack and would love to go there but I have school.

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

69bronzeT5

Quote from: XV Scott on September 04, 2007, 11:59:01 AM
The XV Motorsports Open Track Day is fast approaching (Thursday, October 11, 2007)

Wow, thats my birthday :icon_smile_wink:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

RECHRGD

Where's Mike??  This is right up Mr. Angrys' alley! :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:
13.53 @ 105.32

Mass_Mopar

Are there still spectator spots open?  I'd love to attend :yesnod:
-Nick

70 Charger 500 383/833 pistol grip 3.91sg
71 New Yorker 440/Auto
04 Ram 5.7L 4x4 5spd 3.92 Auburn Posi
Old screen name MA_Young_Gun

68ChargerJMP

Wasnt there supposed to be a 68 Charger from XV out last year some time?

Mike DC

That would be cool to see a Charger done up with the full-boogie XV deal. 

I'm sure it has either already been done, or it's in the works.

suntech

It is in the works. I talked to them a week ago, and it is delayed, but should be ready in a few weeks. I cant wait to see it myself, since i am building my 68 with a lot of XV parts.
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

Blakcharger440

Quote from: RECHRGD on September 04, 2007, 04:36:50 PM
Where's Mike??  This is right up Mr. Angrys' alley! :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

He has already signed up! Since there will be media coverage and more than likely it will be on at least one of the car TV shows then at least I will get to see what it was like.....if only i wasnt a gazillion miles away.

dqhemi

American Muscle Car will be out for the event and filming it for a TV show.

Come on, we'd like to see some more Chargers out for this!!

Our '68 Charger is being finished up, will be done before the track event.
That one keeps getting pushed back because it isn't a customer build. 
Some of the mags already want it for a shoot.
Haven't thought about whether we will bring it there or not.

One of our customers will have a really bad-a@@ XV 71 Cuda Vert w/ bar and harnesses there.
600 HP and a full tilt XV car.

So anyone else up for shaking down your ride on a road race course?
John Buscema
XV Motorsports
www.xvmotorsports.com

Sabre

Any chance this event will be put on a DVD?  I recently bought the 13 episodes of "Dream Car Garage" and loved it.

NYCMille

I just signed up for this today - so I'm a definite.