News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Having trouble figuring rear gear ratio

Started by AmadeusCharger500, June 21, 2007, 01:44:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmadeusCharger500

I raise the rear end, turn the pinion and count the turns versus one rotaion of the wheel?
I am confused because I am getting about 1.75 turns/1 wheek turn. I have never heard of such a ratio. I can only think I am doing something wrong.

Its an 8 1/4 open rear.

OttawaCharger

with an open rear ratio, because one tire isn't turning, you can figure your gear ratio by rotating the airborne tire TWO full rotations and counting the number of times the pinion rotates

I'm guessing that you have a 3.55 or 3.21
1968 Charger -currently spread all over my garage!

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Chryco Psycho

punisher054

Should be able to open up the diff, believe that the gears will be stamped with the ratio. My first Charger had some ridiculous freeway flyers, something like 2.40:1 or something like that the years make it a little fuzzy. A
The beatings shall continue until morale improves!!!