News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Holley Blue pump help needed

Started by cudaken, September 18, 2005, 04:24:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cudaken

Need some help with a holley blue pump.

Tried to start the Charger today, won't go into great detail here but there is a posting on the main page. Bottom line is I am not getting gas to the Carb. 1 of 2 things have happen.

1 Fuel pump off the 42sick went bad from sitting 4 months
2 Shop left the drive rod out of the 440.

Called local auto supply houes and no BB fuel pumps to be had today.

I have two Holley Blue Pumps and will need to hook them up anyway when the blower go on if ever at this point. Open a box and read the so called drections. My pumps are part number 12-802-1 and regulator is a 12-803 and is said to be preset at 14 psi? Is that right?

Also the first time I have seen a regulator with out a pressuer gauge. But last time I bought one was 20 years ago.

I am thinking I need 5 to 6 PSI at the carb, I am right? 440 does not have the Blower on it right now, just a 750 Holley.

Cuda Ken, hating cars again!

I am back

MoparYoungGun

Yes Ken, your pumps should be preset at 14psi. And yes, I would also think about 5-6psi at the carb.

Runner

ive never seen a regulator come with a preusre gauge, i lke to set the regulator at 7 psi

71 roadrunner 452 e heads  11.35@119 mph owned sence 1984
72 panther pink satellite sebring plus 383 727
68 satellite 383 4 speed  13.80 @ 102 mph  my daily driver
69 superbee clone 440    daughters car
72 dodge dart swinger slant six

Chryco Psycho

I set the regs @ 6 PSI & no they don`t come with a guage

RD

doesnt it matter on the carbs you are using?  i know eddy's cant handle more than 6psi and i believe holleys like 8 psi, or am i just full of it?
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

cudaken

Like I said it was a long time ago and I don't think they where Holleys.

This will be about one of the dumest things I have asked. Is there anyway to adjust the Holley with out a gauge? Turn it way down and start the car and open the fuel bowle screw's and adjust from there?

Blower carbs do have the same reg with a gauge. With the way my luck has gone hate to take it apart. I am sure everyone here has taken something a part the worked, reinstall it then not work! Like the fuel pump on my Charger now! ;D

Cuda Ken
I am back