News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Serpentine belts or Stock V belts?

Started by RoscoePColtrain, June 19, 2007, 09:40:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoscoePColtrain

If you had the choice or are installing it now, which belt system would you go for, serpentine or stock V belts?
What are the advantages and disadvantages of both?

Charger-Bodie

the surpentine belt is most likely better all the way around but i personally like things to look stock so its v belts for me. if stock is not youre thing then surpintine is prob. better.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Lostsheep

Im partial to the updated look of the serpentine.

Charger1973

Does anyone make a serpentine pulley kit for our cars that you dont have to peice together?  Preferably something affordable...

srpntlair1

summit offers complete serp systems for all mopars now......but get your wallet out :o :o :o

Charger1973

I saw that but from what I could tell they didnt include the power steering pulley?  Where would you get it from?

Also I was hoping for something with a single belt and a tensioner pulley like the newer cars have.  I really like those setups...

srpntlair1

I would call. The info I got was in a flyer that they sent with my last order 2 weeks ago they were similar to the zoops systems for SBC

Charger1973

Quote from: srpntlair1 on July 14, 2007, 12:57:40 PM
I would call. The info I got was in a flyer that they sent with my last order 2 weeks ago they were similar to the zoops systems for SBC

No kidding?  I didnt see that I guess.  So its what $2000 or so?  Might be a while before I order that kit then.   :-\

srpntlair1

that serpentine system offered through summit is from March performance pulley systems according to their website they offer for 383-440-426 doesn't specify 400 but since they offer 383 should be the same. MSRP is around 1050.00 from March not sure of the price from summit