News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

318/904 Will not shift correctly

Started by d72hemi, June 18, 2007, 07:03:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

d72hemi

I have a 72 Charger with a 80's 318 out of a van, and the 904 and kick down link is from a 74 Charger w/cruz control. The car has sat since Sept 04, and only fired up once per month and driven around the block 2-4 times a year to move it from the garage to carport in the backyard. After a tune up, oil and trans fluid change it revs high before shifting, and while on the highway it seems to stay in 2nd (high RPMs, no tack just by ear). What should I look at first?

I do not plane on driving her but once a week, until I perform the 440 swap.

Ian

Plumcrazy

The transmission throttle linkage may be sticking.   Make sure it moves freely and that the lever on the transmission moves as soon as the throttle starts opening.

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

GTX

Hey Ian, O.T but did you catch the funny cars the other night at RMR?

John_Kunkel

If you're in doubt about which gear you're in, just hold the throttle steady and pull the shifter down one notch, if the engine speeds up you were in the gear above the notch.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.