News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Clay Smith fuel pumps

Started by oz_charger, June 17, 2007, 09:43:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oz_charger

Has anyone used the Clay Smith mechanical fuel pump for BB Chrysler. I know there is some issues around fitment i.e. grinding, but do they work in high hp motors (700+ hp). Obviously Clay Smith says they will but I would prefer some first hand expierience with these.

I have used electric pumps in the past but they have had various issues such as heat, leaking, noisy, expensive and so these Clay Smith mechanical pumps seem too good to be true at the price and claimed perfomance.

firefighter3931

Quote from: oz_charger on June 17, 2007, 09:43:53 PM
Has anyone used the Clay Smith mechanical fuel pump for BB Chrysler. I know there is some issues around fitment i.e. grinding, but do they work in high hp motors (700+ hp). Obviously Clay Smith says they will but I would prefer some first hand expierience with these.

I have used electric pumps in the past but they have had various issues such as heat, leaking, noisy, expensive and so these Clay Smith mechanical pumps seem too good to be true at the price and claimed perfomance.

At 700hp you'll want a good electric pump, inmo. The Mallory pumps are quiet and efficient....i would use one with a regulater and return line to keep the fuel (and pump) running nice and cool.

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs