News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Help...I can't get my brakes to bleed.

Started by Telvis, June 17, 2007, 12:22:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telvis

I am at a loss. I replaced the master cylinder and put new stainless lines front and back. I replaced the brakes front and rear. I bench bled the master cylinder prior to installation. I have tried and tried to bleed the brakes with no luck. I can't get any fluid to flow out. I have tried to do bleed them manually with someone pushing the pedal and with a hand vacuum pump. I finally bought a $100 air bleeding system but it would not work either. What the hell??? Am I missing something?? :shruggy: :brickwall:

moparguy01

Did you replace the proportioning valve? usually if it doesnt want to bleed that is the case. but before you give up, crack all of the valves and leave overnight, see if they will gravity bleed overnight. sometimes it works. others it doesnt.

but my guess is the prop valve is shot.

Telvis

Is there a way to know for sure it's the proprotioning valve?

kab69440

Yeah, no fluid will flow through it. :lol: I went through the same thing about a year and a half ago. Swap it out and be done with it.
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

Telvis

I thought about changing the damned thing out when I installed the new brake lines but didn't. It's going to be a pain in the butt now that the engine is installed. Any good places to buy them? I guess I won't find it at my local auto parts store. I don't wan't to give YO any more money unless I have to.

Chryco Psycho

What about the rear rubber brake hose , it could be collapsed internally