News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytona on ebay

Started by THE CHARGER PUNK, June 15, 2007, 04:08:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemigeno

That's Bill Card's former Daytona.  It went through eBay last November and didn't crack the $200k threshhold then even though it's in the upper echelon of restored Daytonas.  The auction's been running for a few days now, and I've been curious to know what the owner thinks has caused the value to increase by that much when the Barrett-Jackson results and overall musclecar marketplace is pointing in the opposite direction.

To top that off, it's a poorly written description and the seller didn't even bother to take new pictures from last November's auction.  I guess the guy can always hope for the best but it's wishful thinking in my book.

69_500

I was hoping to see that car again, maybe one of these days. The only time I saw it, I only shot about 30 pics of the car. I'd rather shoot oh I don't know maybe 1,200 or so of it.

Drache

Wasn't that the daytona that had to be sold because of a divorce?
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

69_500

Nice photo album there Dave.

daytonalo

300k !!!!!!! And they say Daytona owners dont smoke crack !

Drache

Quote from: daytonalo on June 15, 2007, 10:58:05 PM
300k !!!!!!! And they say Daytona owners dont smoke crack !

No they sell it to afford to buy these cars and then resell them at profit!  :icon_smile_big:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

69_500

Just curious but isn't the one knocking someone about asking $300K for a Daytona, the same one who thinks that a good cloned Daytona with a 472 HEMI will bring over $100K? Especially when we are talking about one of the nicest restored Daytona's around. Hands down, definately in the top 5 cars I've ever seen.

hemigeno

Here's the link to the previoius eBay auction in November.  A lot of the same pictures and way fewer details, etc.

November eBay Auction Link

daytonalo

My bad , That car is worth 5 mil !!!!!!!!!!well 4mil , there is no holes in valve covers !

daytonalo

I still think a Hemi Daytona clone is worth 100k , real one sold for 650000. Cuda hemi clones are easy to build , and they bring 125.000 ! I have yet to see a properly built Hemi Daytona clone !

Troy

Quote from: daytonalo on June 17, 2007, 07:38:53 AM
I still think a Hemi Daytona clone is worth 100k , real one sold for 650000. Cuda hemi clones are easy to build , and they bring 125.000 ! I have yet to see a properly built Hemi Daytona clone !
But if the real cars weren't worth so much money the clones would not be worth the time and effort to build. The only way to justify spending a massive amount of time and money on a clone is because it's still so much cheaper than buying the real thing. The guys who don't believe the cars are worth much are obviously not the ones driving the price higher so as long as someone is willing to pay then the prices will continue to rise. Some people just have to have the real thing and there just aren't enough of those to go around (that pesky supply and demand concept). You should be ecstatic every time a real car breaks a record if you're selling clones or parts. Hemi Cuda clones are "easy to build" only because they're so valuable that the parts for the conversion are reproduced. Without reproduction k-frames, air cleaners, oil pans, shaker setups, radiators, intakes, carburetors, shifter handles, suspension components, and torque boxes the cars would cost a whole lot more to clone. In the case of the convertible cars, try finding a real one. ;)

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

69_500

Ah so now they are up to $4 million for a Daytona. I think that Geno would part with his for that price. Don't quote me on that, but I think that might just take it off his hands.

All I was trying to do was figure how you could think that a clone would fetch over $100K where as every real one you think shouldn't be over $100K.

hemigeno

Well, If Larry's offering $4mil, I'll hold out for five...   :yesnod: :icon_smile_big:

69_500

Always wanting more  :Twocents: :Twocents: :Twocents: :Twocents:     :lol: