News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New Metal Repro Parts Sample Pictures

Started by jsampsell, June 14, 2007, 10:23:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

squeakfinder

Auto metal Direct, you may may be the new hero around here.

Fenders, I can't believe it.

Please, make it happen!
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

MM1R/T

I think that the BEST aspect of this is that we can now drive our cars again without constantly worrying about whether we will be able to find replacement metal if some moron plows into our beloved Charger. :cheers:

I can see my car getting MUCH more use if this stuff pans out. :yesnod:

Was that a one-piece trunk floor in one of those pics? :drool5:

twenty mike mike

Quote from: BrianShaughnessy on July 08, 2007, 08:32:31 AM
Here's some pics...   like I said... looks like nice stuff.     The 2nd gen fenders will have the innards installed for the production pieces also.

Almost looks like if all you had was a cowl, you could build the whole car.

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: twenty mike mike on July 10, 2007, 12:38:49 AM
Quote from: BrianShaughnessy on July 08, 2007, 08:32:31 AM
Here's some pics...   like I said... looks like nice stuff.     The 2nd gen fenders will have the innards installed for the production pieces also.

Almost looks like if all you had was a cowl, you could build the whole car.

Not really as yet.   

I inquired and they said deck lids were a possibility.     I'd say there's a need for roofs to fix all the rotted vinyl top cars also.  68-9 Chargers and Road Runners have the best chance of getting more parts available than most other models / years so far.

But the mopar market is still small next to the 69 camaro, tri 5 chevy,  early mustangs that you probably could build up from a catalog.    AMD should be commended for bringing these to market.   It's a big investment on their part.
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Charger_Fan

Quote from: BrianShaughnessy on July 10, 2007, 05:33:11 AM
AMD should be commended for bringing these to market.   It's a big investment on their part.
:iagree: HERE'S TO AMD!! :cheers:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Rack

First time I see this thread...

:o

Hats off to AMD. They'll be getting my business.

GeneralLeeTESH

OK-Here's an IDEA from a "converted" Ford guy. First of all-thank God I came to my senses, DUMPED Ford/Shelby and went MOPAR !
Now-WHY NOT get ahold of Richard Petty, make Daytona AND Superbird "conversion kits" for 10 grand a car, licensed by Petty and Chrysler WITH
vinyl graphics kit and "Petty Blue Paint"...??? THEN-get ol'Richard to "Bless"...the car with a signature plate, serial number like CShelby has done over the years...but a car the everyday man CAN afford !!!

That would be like dying n going to heaven !!!
:2thumbs: :cheers:
The TESH

Brock Samson

here's another vote for a roof...
truly great to see! THANKS!        :2thumbs:

Khyron

Quote from: BrianShaughnessy on July 10, 2007, 05:33:11 AM
early mustangs that you probably could build up from a catalog.   

trust me.... you can ;)

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

sixpack70

Wow, seeing all of that metal made me pretty happy. I might just cut my whole floor out instead of spending the hours to rebuild that butchered tranny tunnel. All of that sheet metal makes me want to go get another charger just to replace panels. Actually, I do kinda want another charger so I can start a used car lot again.

Yes you can build a mustang out of a catalog. With the 67 fastback body from dynacorn you don't even need to go find a shell. You just order it and have it delivered. You can sit in your garage with a beer in your hand waiting for all the parts to get dropped in your driveway then paint and assemble. Its pretty much like a full size testors model for mustangs.
1966 Falcon
1969 Mustang Mach 1
1970 Charger R/T 440+6 4spd

Mike DC

So . . .

Does this mean us DOH fans are off the hook if we wanna jump another General Lee at Dukesfest next year?

:scratchchin:

Ghoste

squeakfinder

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on July 30, 2007, 01:59:53 AM

So . . .

Does this mean us DOH fans are off the hook if we wanna jump another General Lee at Dukesfest next year?

:scratchchin:

You forgot to add    :stirthepot:.    Oh, and the answer is no.
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

AirborneSilva

Yeah find a chevelle and paint it up like General Lee and jump that :boogie:

lee

It's nice to see that you can just about get any thing for our chargers now those damn camaros you can build one with not hardly even having any orginal parts even mustangs keep maling those parts for our b bodies because i would sooner drive a rusty mopar before caught in a chev or ford

zerfetzen

Looks like I got a project 69 charger at a great time :)

:popcrn:
Current Daily Driver: 2006 Dodge Charger RT
Current Project: 1969 Dodge Charger
Previous Cars I want back: 1974 Barracuda, 1973 Cuda

Lurker

news? anyone heard anything? i sent an email and got nothin back. almost have all the steel behind the doors ready for paint and two rusty fenders on the bench and would love to just buy new ones.. do i spend 50 hours on each fender repairing them or has anyone heard when or if the new ones are on the shelf?
1968 xp29 charger thats now rust free.. and trunk free and floorboard and quarterpanel free.
1972 b5/b5 318 barracuda patently waiting its turn.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2663667

OldGuy

"I can tell by your sarcastic undertones, rude comments and total lack of common decency, that you and I could be best friends".

Hansson

Looks like it´s moving forward.  www.autometaldirect.com  :2thumbs:
I need -68 taillightpanel, full 1/4 panels, trunk gutters, deck filler panel, rear valance panel, rear crossmember and some other parts ;)

//Hansson
Sweden. Karlstad

Judhudson

Sweet!

I got a question though.  I will be ordering lots of parts from them, but I do not know what "69-70 Charger Tail Light Panel Reinforcement Brackets" are.  I'm converting my 68 to a 69 (let's not start a conversation about that, lol).  Will I need these brackets?

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Judhudson on August 26, 2007, 03:31:23 PM
Sweet!

I got a question though.  I will be ordering lots of parts from them, but I do not know what "69-70 Charger Tail Light Panel Reinforcement Brackets" are.  I'm converting my 68 to a 69 (let's not start a conversation about that, lol).  Will I need these brackets?
Those are these pieces...

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

jsampsell

JudHudson/Charger Fan,

Here is a picture of a 69 Tail Light Panel I found on the internet that shows the reinforcement brackets perfectly (I have no idea who took the picture, so if it's yours and you don't want me using it, then I will gladly remove it from this site).  I marked up the image to point them out.  Charger Fan, the image you posted is the Trunk Lock Support and, although it does "support" the panel to an extent, these reinforcement brackets are different.  They help prevent cave-ins if someone were to lean on the panel at those points.

Here's the picture:

Let me know if you have any questions.

Jeremy
Auto Metal Direct
866-591-8309

Judhudson

Thank you, I saved the pic for future reference.  I already ordered the Trunk Lock Support so I'll get them as well once they pop up on your site. :)

jsampsell

Quote from: Lurker on August 19, 2007, 02:53:34 AM
news? anyone heard anything? i sent an email and got nothin back. almost have all the steel behind the doors ready for paint and two rusty fenders on the bench and would love to just buy new ones.. do i spend 50 hours on each fender repairing them or has anyone heard when or if the new ones are on the shelf?

Lurker,

I don't recall an email from you by your user name on this forum, so I apologize if I did not reply.  Our fenders have been in some phase of test-fitting for a little while now.  My R&D guy has not been into the office this week so I personally don't know where we are at with them.  I've asked for pictures of them being test-fitted so that I can show everyone our progress, but he is working on a lot of parts at the same time and has not had a chance to get me some pictures.  I will post some pictures as soon as I have them to post.

I can tell you that I took some pictures of our first fender samples today for ads to go in a few magazines (for future months).  If everything goes well, we should have them available by the end of the year.  Possibly sooner.  As much as I don't want to say it because by bringing this up the assumption is that it will definitely happen, the reality is that there are a number of things that can delay the availability of any item.  We are doing our best to make things available as soon as possible but we are not going to compromise quality for availablility.  We want our products to be premium quality so we aren't going to release something until it is truly ready.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Jeremy
Auto Metal Direct
866-591-8309