News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New Metal Repro Parts Sample Pictures

Started by jsampsell, June 14, 2007, 10:23:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hemidog

sum more.

jsampsell

Hemidog,

Thanks for posting the pics and for the report on the fit.  I can write how perfect our parts are and how much detail and money we've spent on making our parts to a high standard of quality all day long but to have pictures from a customer on a site like this is way more powerful for other people than anything I can write about them.  Yes, we'll probably benefit from this since it is about our parts, but other people that are little skeptical about new parts will benefit from it as well.  So, thank you.  This is exactly what these kinds of forums are set up to do - help other people out.

Thanks again,

Jeremy
Auto Metal Direct
866-591-8309

Derwud

Quote from: jsampsell on March 24, 2008, 09:49:33 AM
Quote from: Derwud on March 22, 2008, 11:20:37 PM

Jeremy,

I have to question making some parts for 1 year only production, such as the Tail light panel for a 68, but not the one part almost every 70 owner needs such as front fenders.

Derwud,

NMike was right, the 68 tail light panel is the same shape as the 69-70 with the main difference being the cut-outs for the lights.  So the tooling is more than half way made already.  That means the investment is quite a lot less to make that part.  NMike was also correct in that the tail light panel is substantially less complicated to make than fenders.  70 stuff is not out of the question.  Just not on the to-do list right now.  You have to remember, too, that one of the ways that we are able to sell our parts at reasonable prices is making parts in bulk.  We spread the profit out over many sales in order to sell the product at a low enough price for people to buy them.  So we make products for more popular years and makes since there were typically more of those cars manufactured initially.  The more vehicles that were manufactured translates into 1. more parts that could possibly be sold and 2. more of an opportunity to sell parts over a longer amount of time giving us the opportunity to selling for less.  If we were to make the 70 fenders right now, even though there seems to be a lot of people that would buy them, the amount of people is not enough to warrant making in bulk.  If we did make in bulk, then once we sell to the people that need/want them, then we would be left with a lot of one year only fenders sitting on the shelf that we have to pay for without the income from them selling.  We could make a lot of one year only parts, but the retail price would be too high for most of the people that need/want them just to cover the costs involved in making them.  We want to make and sell parts - that's what we are in business for - but from a business perspective right now, we just can't make some products.  I hope this answers your question well enough.  I'm sure there will be people with other things to add or say about this.  Let me know if you have any questions.

Jeremy
Auto Metal Direct
866-591-8309

Jeremy,

Thank you for your reply.
1970 Dodge Charger R/T.. Owned since 1981

Kevin68N71

Now if you guys made new AMX hoods, I would REALLY love it!!!!
Do I have the last, operational Popcar Spacemobile?

RIDELIKEHELL

My builder here in Ontario Canada is waiting on the 68 taillight panel..I see one above installed???what about a trunk lid???

Getting anxious :coolgleamA:
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

dodgecharger-fan

Just ordered a 69 tail panel, deck filler, and hood from www.nationalmoparts.com here in Ontario.

Trying to get that stuff shipped from Georgia proved to be a challenge on a one-off order basis.
So, I was glad to hear of a distributor that was bringing theses parts in already.

I was "this far" from getting an import/export license to get my order done - with the idea that the next few orders would be that much easier... and then I could think about opening up shop to do it for others. I still might do this, but for now, I've got another venture in the works.

Hemidog

No problem Jeremy, always happy to help people who make quality parts for reasonable prices!
The pictures show just the test fitting, hope I will have some time this weekend to start on the gutters!

JimShine

It appears that Fenders have hit the shores and have been shipping out to dealers.

dodgecharger-fan

Wheee! I need a driver's side fender.

Can't wait for quarters and rear rails.....

The guys at MY Classic AutoBody will have to play with the tail panel and dutchman for now..

They gave me some great feedback on those and the hood that I had sent to them.    :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

JimShine

I saw two hoods at the Indy Swap meet. They were breathtaking. Also saw some tailpanels and other metal items they were offering and they were as nice as NOS.

jsampsell

Yes, it is true.  We are getting the 68 and 69 Charger fenders in stock.  We are getting a small amount at a time on approximately 4 different containers.   We have a list of folks that have called for them over the past few months and a few of our distributors are getting a couple sets.  Feel free to give myself or any of the guys here a call and see where we are with fulfilling the list orders.  If we don't have them available when you call, we will have them available soon enough.  We are getting more in than we have on the list.  $599.95 per side plus shipping.  Here's a picture:

Once again, thank you guys for the input on our parts.  We typically only hear when something is wrong (not that it happens that often but I'd be lying if it didn't happen some) and it is great to hear about people that are pleased.

Take care,

Jeremy
Auto Metal Direct
866-591-8309

SFRT

allright...I just ordered a pair of 69 fenders for the charger from these guys.. cant ait for them to arrive! will post some pix when they show up.
Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Aero426

Are 68-69-70 Charger rear quarters still going to happen? 

Hemidog

Tail panel and gutters are in, the tail panel fits fine, even with the sherman rear valance.
Gutters fits nicely too, but offcourse where they join the quarter was too rusted, so i had to make a new lip.
Will post some pics later this weekend.

jsampsell

Quote from: DougSchellinger on May 02, 2008, 04:06:25 PM
Are 68-69-70 Charger rear quarters still going to happen? 

Yes, quarters will still happen.  We are waiting on another sample to test fit.  This is expected to be the final test fit, so we (and a whole lot of people) are crossing our fingers that they will be ready to be approved for production.  I've written many times before that we have a standard of quality that we want our parts to be made known for and sometimes we have to sacrifice time in order to guarentee that quality will be there from the first batch of each product.  When they finally do get here, I'm certain that you will be completely satisfied with their quality and their price.

Let me know if you have any more questions.  I try to keep up with these boards but it takes some time typically before I can reply.

Jeremy
Auto Metal Direct
866-591-8309

Aero426

Thanks Jeremy for the reply on the quarters...

mikepmcs

Just talked to Allen at AMD and ordered left and right front fenders for my 69.  Nice people!

I'll let you know when they arrive and take some pics to post up. 
They are going quickly and they are oversold from the first batch but he said he would set aside a pair for me and send them.  They should arive in 3-4 business days I was told.

If you are going to order and it is going freight, try to send it to a business if you can because that will save some cash.  My freight cost to my buddy's body shop was around $130, which in the scheme of things going on with gas and oil really isn't that bad.

That was shipping from Georgia to Winthrop, Maine.

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Dave22443

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

mikepmcs

$599 each.

you can go to their website and download a pdf file of their catalog, it has pricing as well.

http://www.autometaldirect.com/

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

IowaCharger69

SOOOoOoOOOoooo Went to install my AMD 69 Charger hood this afternoon. Pulled it out of the box and immediately found two outward dents on the top of it. Had to have happened sometime between when the skin and supports were put together because both of them are behind supports but pushed out into skins. Like backward hail dents. I was about as pissed as I have been in a while. THEN I tried to bolt it up, and one of the square nuts inside the hood itself broke loose and fell into the support structure. I've already called AMD and it sounds like they're going to help me out. Honelty though  I am the more disappointed right now then I have been at at any other point in this resto, and I started out with someone else's rusted out parts car. I have had a lot of road bumps, but when you spend 500$ to get something brand new I guess I expected it to be like new. Oh also, they didn't pre-drill the holes for the second hood release. Every other hole is threaded and ready to go but that one. We'll see how things go with reparations.

mikepmcs

Got my fenders today and the pics are on this thread.  They are awesome!!! The turnaround time was incredible and the customer service was MINT!!!

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php?topic=43757.msg480912#msg480912

v/r
Mike