News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

***UPDATED*** Let's pick a name! We finally have one!

Started by Troy, July 18, 2005, 12:50:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What should we use as the Domain Name for this new Charger Message Board

CLASSIC-CHARGER.COM (I already own it)
70 (24.7%)
CLASSICDODGECHARGER.COM (I already own it)
22 (7.8%)
DODGECHARGERMUSCLE.COM (I already own it)
14 (4.9%)
Other?
6 (2.1%)
THEDODGECHARGER.COM (per request, I got this too)
13 (4.6%)
DODGECHARGER.COM
158 (55.8%)

Total Members Voted: 282

Dans 68

Quote from: Stratocharger on July 22, 2005, 12:55:43 AM
classiccharger (o rwhatever) was/were a great name/names concidering the limitations we WERE up against...
But,   I say we just go on ahead and do the
                                                                                            "www.dodgecharger.com"
thing, inspite of the damn poll because i don't think anyone would argue now that it's simply a far superior website address...

...in my, not so humble opinion.. agreed?.

DO IT TROY!!!
:yesnod: I concur! Troy, being the benevolent "dictator" of this site, please ignore all other factors and make it so (I am a "next gen" fan on all counts).

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

XS29J8

I changed my vote also, kinda liked The Dodge Charger name, DodgeCharger.com is HOME! Thanks Troy!

Steve
HEMI 68 CHARGER R/T- 4-SPEED- 3.54 DANA- PP1 RED- BLACK VINYL TOP- PEARL WHITE UPHOLSTERY-STRIPE DELETE- AM 8 TRACK- NON CONSOLE- DRIVEN YEAR ROUND IN SOUTHWEST FLORIDA http://900z1.multiply.com/  http://kawasaki-z-classik.com/index.php  https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AmY22PaMZ1H3dFczVWR2ZlJaX1BvTDFIVUdUZVlseWc&hl=en&authkey=CPi1hp8J#gid=0

TeeWJay426

OK, went and changed my vote as well to dodgecharger.com, albeit reluctantly. I still think it will expose us to the '06 crowd trying to find a home here and will invite some conflict, but on the other hand, we don't want the domain name to fall in their hands either. Classic-charger did sound exclusionary.... which was the point of why I voted for it initially. Truth is, I'm OK with either choice- whatever Troy decides!
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Plumcrazy

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

my73charger

Steve P.

Quote from: 6T9_CHARGER_RT on July 22, 2005, 05:51:05 AM
Quote from: Steve P. on July 22, 2005, 12:22:57 AM
Yup,,,,, DodgeCharger.com :yesnod:

and on the home page

A site devoted to ALL Mopars except 2-Door Chargers......... ;D

Huh   :shruggy: :haha:

Oh crap....  Sorry guys, it was very late and I was tired.. :icon_smile_sleepy:   I went back and fixed it..  I nearly shiP when I saw what I wrote! Sooooooooo sorry......
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Old Moparz

Quote from: my73charger on July 22, 2005, 09:30:29 AM
I changed my vote to dodgecharger.com

Awesome!

Same here, & just got to watch it pass all the others with a higher total now. If we can't get it, then my first vote of ClassicDodgeCharger.com still stands.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

ChargerBill

What's really cool about this is that I JUST put a Dodge-Charger.com decal on my truck...so now all I have to do is remove the hyphen...

BTW: If anyone is wondering, I made my own decal...I did not order it from Jesse. In fact, guess where Jesse got his artwork for the decals he was offering...anyone?... ::)
Life is a highway...

Ghoste

So Jesse owes you royalties? 
I changed my vote as well. 

Big Lebowski

Good luck collecting that. The DodgeCharger.com vote change is looking pretty good at 53%
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

psykicpup

Still like including the Classic bit tho...mind you I also really love the all the names point here so maybe theres room for a compromise--     plenty of Sites have a main name and then like a sub-title
my daughter & boyfriend 'Sunny Sunday'

DFPA and proud of it!

Old Moparz

Quote from: ChargerBill on July 22, 2005, 01:03:56 PM
What's really cool about this is that I JUST put a Dodge-Charger.com decal on my truck...so now all I have to do is remove the hyphen...

BTW: If anyone is wondering, I made my own decal...I did not order it from Jesse. In fact, guess where Jesse got his artwork for the decals he was offering...anyone?... ::)

Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

andy74

i changed mine too! thats cool that we can get er done!

mustanghater

New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

golden73

warlock

KMPX2

Charger_Croatia

'73 Charger with 400 (under restore)
2018 Infiniti Q50 Hybrid AWD Blue Sport

Vainglory, Esq.

Gilbert Charger

Hi Guys,finally made it,glad yall did too.I voted for DODGECHARGER.com,it's simple and to the point.

CFMopar

I picked something differnt but if we can get dodgecharger.com I say use that. Short sweet simple.
1971 Charger SE 440 automatic
2014 Ram EcoDiesel Laramie
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCkKIkpXr-77fWg7JkeoV_g

dkn1997

you know, I voted for dodgecharger.com, but I really think that "some kinda charger forum" has a ring to it.  I would not mind seeing it stay.
RECHRGED

Ghoste

TruckDriver

Quote from: dkn1997 on July 23, 2005, 07:31:34 PM
you know, I voted for dodgecharger.com, but I really think that "some kind of charger forum" has a ring to it.   I would not mind seeing it stay.

The word CHARGER alone can mean many things. That might bring people who like posting about battery chargers and the sorts
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P