News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

***UPDATED*** Let's pick a name! We finally have one!

Started by Troy, July 18, 2005, 12:50:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What should we use as the Domain Name for this new Charger Message Board

CLASSIC-CHARGER.COM (I already own it)
70 (24.7%)
CLASSICDODGECHARGER.COM (I already own it)
22 (7.8%)
DODGECHARGERMUSCLE.COM (I already own it)
14 (4.9%)
Other?
6 (2.1%)
THEDODGECHARGER.COM (per request, I got this too)
13 (4.6%)
DODGECHARGER.COM
158 (55.8%)

Total Members Voted: 282

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

ChargerBill

Troy, my offer to hand over classiccharger.com (without a hyphen) still stands. I have no need for it...I only registered it so it wouldn't disappear or end up in the wrong hands. We'll consider it my first doantion to the site. If you know the easiest way to transfer ownership let me know...
Life is a highway...

Mopar440+6

I voted for www.classic-charger.com but it would be nice to do away with the hyphen. ChargerBill your offering of that domain is worth a few :cheers: Somebody buy the man a beer!
"If you cant fix it with a wrench, get a hammer. If that doesn't work, get a bigger hammer!"

RD

well if you go to the main site, classic-charger.com is what it says now! so i guess its *kinda* final ? :ahum:

edit:  look below for the answer to the above  :icon_smile_big:
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Just 6T9 CHGR

All the names Troy has purchased points to the site.....like he said they would
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

clausoe

My suggestion: dodgecharger-forum.com
Tried typing it and got no hits, I don't know.

NicksGarage

Best to avoid hyphens in domain names if you can. If classic-charger.com is the one, getting classiccharger.com as well is the best bet.

Also point the domain name to a single page on another server so that if the forum goes down again, you have a place where people will be able to get info.

Thanks for getting the forum back up.

Nick.

Johnny SixPack

Ok, here's some food for thought.

Try typing in "classic charger pictures" into Google.

This is the first pic that came up:

Next, try typing in "classic dodge charger pictures".

This is the first pic that comes up:

I really think that Dodge needs to be in there.

Just some Guinness inspired thinking from the cheap seats.

Johnny
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

Big Lebowski

Ya, keeping Dodge in it makes it a car site so a battery charger doesn't come up on a search.

I also like 20thcenturychargers.com but that wont wash with the '06 folks
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

BB1

How about the San Diego Chargers, my home towns team.

Ooooo smilies  :METAL: :iamwithstupid: :lolexplode: :mrt: :scared:
Delete my profile

Telvis

It's official. I have removed D-C.com from my favorites list. This site is now in it's place. There's no turning back now. :icon_smile_big:

4cruzin

Looks like the name is pretty clear now with the results of the poll!!  Sounds good to me!! 
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

Bluebeast

I'm open to any name, just glad this new site is here and running! It actually looks a bit beter too in terms of techie stuff. Can't wait to see how it grows.
1970 Dodge Charger 500 SE 4speed

bull

Quote from: ChargerBill on July 19, 2005, 06:14:38 PM
Troy, my offer to hand over classiccharger.com (without a hyphen) still stands. I have no need for it...I only registered it so it wouldn't disappear or end up in the wrong hands. We'll consider it my first doantion to the site. If you know the easiest way to transfer ownership let me know...

Here, here. I'm with Bill 100% on this name. And no hyphen.

6pkrunner

Classic-Charger. No need to get all wordy and the idea is instantly conveyed.

Mefirst

I totaly agree with Johnny... The name classiccharger.com just sounds lame, period. A name should state what the forum is al about..

The car is a DODGE Charger, why not call it that? -F %& K classic ! My Charger is a musclecar. When I hear someone say "Classic cars" the first thing that comes to my mind, are cars that whimps and wussys drive around on top of their trailer..
I already asked like a million posts ago -Are you to lazy to write the Dodge? Whats the reason for wanting to leave out the "Dodge" from the forum name? I dont drive a Classic Charger, last time I looked my ride is a DODGE Charger..

Is the reason for the "Classic" that some of you are so affraid that 06 Dodge Charger owners will join the forum? I personaly dont think that will happen, reason is there are so many members here who just hate that car, so someone joining in wont last for long...

/Tom

And about the word "classic" Not many could even spell that word correct without the "Spellcheck" button :icon_smile_big:

hemigeno

We still have a shot at DodgeCharger.com guys!!!

I know some have expressed some reservations about that name because of how similar it is to the old Forum's name, but apart from that, it's PERFECT for us.

Short
Appropriate to the topic
Recognizable
No hyphen
Has "Dodge" in it
Would rank just as high on Google searches as the old name
Keeps DCX from selling more '06 Chargers

This domain name could seriously be available!!!!

PocketThunder

Quote from: hemigeno on July 20, 2005, 11:18:32 AM
We still have a shot at DodgeCharger.com guys!!!

I know some have expressed some reservations about that name because of how similar it is to the old Forum's name, but apart from that, it's PERFECT for us.

Short
Appropriate to the topic
Recognizable
No hyphen
Has "Dodge" in it
Would rank just as high on Google searches as the old name
Keeps DCX from selling more '06 Chargers

This domain name could seriously be available!!!!
:yesnod:  I agree

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Dale The Bold

Is there a reason it HAS to be changed?  Was a new law passed banning dodge-charger.com?

The one that would probably please the most would be classicdodgecharger.com  It is the most descriptive, easiest to tell someone, easy to remember, and keeps the Magnum Sedans at bay.

Of course, there's always magnum-sedan.com.
Matt. 14:8 (KJV) "And she, being before instructed of her mother, said, 'give me here John Baptist's head in a Charger.'"

Troy

Quote from: Dale The Bold on July 20, 2005, 01:36:48 PM
Is there a reason it HAS to be changed? Was a new law passed banning dodge-charger.com?

Yes, Jesse owns it and he's disappeared along with the site. I can't point the old name at a new site so therefore we need a new name.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

golden73

I say www.classic-charger.com

Hopefully we won't get people asking how big of a rim they can put on their '06

Ghoste

Agreed.  DCX made the distinction by calling our cars classic Chargers in their ads so we may as well maintain that difference.

dodgecharger-fan

I like having Dodge in the name. So, I voted for classicdodgecharger

hemigeno, you say dodgecharger is an option but I see that it is taken and there's a single page site of a 66 Charger (Nice car too!)

How is it an option? Is it your site? Or do you know how we can acquire the name?

B5 Charger

I still say classicdodgecharger.com.  To be quite honest I think that we may get a few posts from the new 06 Charger owners no matter what the name is.  Just for the simple fact that some people, for whatever reason, think that the new Charger is an "instant classic".  I don't think that choosing a name simply to exclude these people will really do any good.  I'm sure that when they get enough negative feedback from site members they will just quit posting.  I'm just glad that we have a stable Charger forum again so if they post here fine.  I will still tell them that I don't like the 06 and that I don't think it is a true Charger or a true muscle car for that fact.  Let's just pick the name that best suits the site and stop worrying about the dreaded 06 Charger fans.  Just my opinion.   ;D