News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

need a kmember badly

Started by dustycharger, June 11, 2007, 10:20:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dustycharger

I need a kmember or need to know if mine can be heated and pounded back straight, the bottom is crushed in and my sway bar mounts are bent upwards. Its on a 69 charger

Charger-Bodie

i have one but im geussin shipping would be alot!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Mike DC

I wouldn't heat it, but I don't see any reason not to physically force it back straight without the heat.  It's just another welded-together body item made of several thick mild-steel sheetmetal stampings.  If the holes & angles end up back in the correct places then it's probably fine.

Just don't put kinks in the sheetmetal where they don't belong.  And you might wanna do some re-welding on the important areas when you're done.

Charger1973

Howd it get so messed up?  Sounds like an ''already been jumped'' General Lee.   :scratchchin:

Chatt69chgr

I wouldn't mess with trying to fix that one.  They are too plentiful in junkyards since the same k-member fits several cars and also the small block and big block V8's as well as 4-door cars.

41husk

I have a complete K member from a 74, I don't know if you can use it.  I am in Illinois and will make you a good deal.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

hemihead

74 is way different than a 69
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

73chargers4404

i have you can have, you get the damn thing out of my yard.i live in Springfield MO. :2thumbs:

68chargerboy

i have a 68 coronet s block k frame its yours if ur near chicago

HeavyFuel

Hmmmmm....'69 Charger with crushed K frame and sway bars.....a common problem with some of those...especially the orange ones. ;)

.....and welcome to the site!  (I can't believe I got that in before all of the more socially gifted members did)

73chargers4404

my bad i didnt see you had 69 ,my kmember is off a 73 .sorry