News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

anybody know any good places in NJ or close by that does re-chroming??

Started by HITMAN 149, June 11, 2007, 10:19:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HITMAN 149

hey guys........
does anybody know of any "GOOD" places in new jersey or close by in the surrounding area, that does re-chroming? and does nice work????
alot of my outter chrome..is shot, i'v picked up some better pieces here and there... but was told if i can to have my stuff re-chromed if possible!?!?!? both my bumpers are shot...but seem nice & straight?!?!? i was thinking on having them powdercoated black??? or re-chroming them???? as for the rest of the outter chrome trim..handles, mirrors & gas cap...i already pretty much have new repo stuff or decent stuff to use.
thanks.......
-JOHN :devil:
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

daytonalo

What year charger ? 68-70 , you can buy a new one . Forget powdercoating , and I have a p-c business . If you want body color on them , heres a tip weld the brackets to bumper , weld up holes , and paint them . I do it all the time , it looks slick .

Just 6T9 CHGR

I used Mara Plating in Newark, NJ a few years ago....hopefully they still are around.  They do small items. Not bumpers.   I had my vent window frames and small latch parts etc, vinyl top check moldings, interior door handles, rear tail light moldings, rear tail panel "L" moldings done by them.
These pieces were in good shape with no "erupted" pitting.  Just small peppering of the finish.   They do not repair pieces with heavy pitting.  If you give them a pitted piece you will get back a nice shiny pitted piece!
As far as the quality of work, just remember the old adage...."you get what you pay for"
The vent window frame & the vinyl top check moldings originally had a nice crisp center ridge through the piece.....when I got mine back they were rounded off due to the polishing process

Mara Polishing & Plating
105 W. Peddie St.
Newark, NJ 07112
Phone: 973-242-0800
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

HITMAN 149

hey daytona....
thanks but it's not that I WANT BODY COLOR on my bumpers..it was just an alternative to re-chroming them. and i have also heard, the new "repo" ones aren't that great..i was told always use your original  factory stuff if possible!!?!?!? as i'm gonna spray my grill all black, when the time comes (no silver) i was debating on the black P/C bumpers or not?!?!?!
THANKS!!!!!

hey chris....
i've heard there are a couple places in newark...not sure if they are still there or if they do big stuff like bumpers??? i don't think they are that bad (pitted) just reallt dull & peppered....but the car is still at the garage..so when i get there or get it back (hopefully sooooon!! LOL) i'll have to check it all out & see?!?!?!?
thanks!!!!!!!!
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

BigBlockSam

hey
Globe plating in Newark 973 623 1116 . he did my vent window frames and alot of small stuff but you have to be clear with him . i told him i didn't want to see any pits in the metal and he did i nice job . i have a milk crate full of parts that i have to drop off to him.

i was in hoboken with the charger on Monday. i was hoping to run into you. Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img