News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Don't flame me, but..........

Started by beedees, June 09, 2007, 08:58:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beedees

is there any rattle-can primer that will work O.K. under s.s. urethane paint? Doing a fast and nasty on son's p.u.. (one fender) :shruggy: :shruggy: :shruggy: :shruggy: :shruggy:

JR

Nope. I've gotten away with some good spray can self etching primer for cut thrus around edges and stuff, but I assume your not going to the metal.

If there arent any dents your fixing you can scuff the whole fender with 400 grit and paint directly over the original paint. It won't need a primer if the factory e coat or primer is already there.

If its a new fender you can just scuff the ecoat with 400-600 grit and paint directly over that. If you repaired a dent or flaking paint, you need high build primer.

Omni makes a cheap version of PPG K36 which works just as good an is a whole lot cheaper.  I'm assuming your using base/clear paint here.

Hope this helps!
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

Mike DC

I wonder if Omni's primer would work equally well under anybody's else's urethane topcoat (DuPont, PPG, Sikkens, etc).

Anybody know?

Silver R/T

It should, even though if paint does fail they won't warranty is since you used someone else's topcoat.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722