News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Led Zeppelin

Started by ck1, June 09, 2007, 06:53:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ck1

Did you ever go to a led Zeppelin concert? do you remember it?  tell your story's
CJK

69bronzeT5

I went to a Led Zep concert. I was in the front row and Jimmy gave me a guitar and then...I woke up and realized I was dreaming :D
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Charger1973

I wish.  My all time fav band...  Ive got a Zeppelin tattoo though.  Ill try and find a pic and post up later. 

69bronzeT5

I heard that Led Zep was sposed to go on tour this year but I dont know if its a rumor or not. :shruggy:

70charger_boy

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on June 09, 2007, 06:58:11 PM
I heard that Led Zep was sposed to go on tour this year but I dont know if its a rumor or not. :shruggy:

They are not going on tour John Paul Jones hates jimmy and plant

ck1

it would be a misstake, there to old, they were a band that were divine by youth, and Robert Plant to bellow out those tones that only in his youth could do it would be a miracle if he could and so fare he sound good but a far cry from his youth............their my favorite band and I wish I could have seen them live besides video......................they were in the right place at the right time but I think there there the best that ever was...................... I have seen every concert of Robert Plant up tell his reunite with Jimmy page and saw him at the Gorge and the Tacoma dome.......
CJK

ck1

Quote from: 70charger_boy on June 09, 2007, 07:13:13 PM

were do you get that? My understating is that they leave him out all together which I don't understand?  maybe because he was in the shadow all this time and can be replaced altogether?
CJK

69bronzeT5

Ive seen Queen + Paul Rodgers, April Wine X2, Aerosmith & Motley Crue and man, those were great shows!

70charger_boy

Quote from: ck1 on June 09, 2007, 07:21:26 PM

were do you get that? My understating is that they leave him out all together which I don't understand?  maybe because he was in the shadow all this time and can be replaced altogether?

I read an interview way back that said that John paul jones disliked Jimmy Page, because Bonzo died at his pool party.  When page and plant wanted to continue to tour after bonzo's death John Paul Jones was pissed, because Bonzo was a major part of the band.  So that is when page and plant was created.

During a rock and roll hall of fame reunion Jones expressed his sour feelings that he was never asked to perform with page and plant

ck1

Quote from: 70charger_boy on June 09, 2007, 07:31:18 PM
Quote from: ck1 on June 09, 2007, 07:21:26 PM

I read an interview way back that said that John paul jones disliked Jimmy Page, because Bonzo died at his pool party.  When page and plant wanted to continue to tour after bonzo's death John Paul Jones was pissed, because Bonzo was a major part of the band.  So that is when page and plant was created.

During a rock and roll hall of fame reunion Jones expressed his sour feelings that he was never asked to perform with page and plant
I use to have a clip of that, but I thought John Paul Jones play at it although Jimmy looked and sounded by his gutair playing pretty HIGH!
CJK

Charger1973

Quote from: Charger1973 on June 09, 2007, 06:56:14 PM
I wish.  My all time fav band...  Ive got a Zeppelin tattoo though.  Ill try and find a pic and post up later. 

Skued

Led Zeppelin is my favorite band.  Zeppelin had a lot of great songs but two of my favorite are D'yer Mak'er and Gallows Pole.
Sweet Tattoo Charger1973!
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein

Manfred318

I really cant stand Zeppelin but I wouldnt mind seeing them back in the day. Ive heard they were much better live. :shruggy:

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.

Ghoste

Quote from: 70charger_boy on June 09, 2007, 07:31:18 PMI read an interview way back that said that John paul jones disliked Jimmy Page, because Bonzo died at his pool party.  When page and plant wanted to continue to tour after bonzo's death John Paul Jones was pissed, because Bonzo was a major part of the band.  So that is when page and plant was created.

Pool party??  It was a band rehearsal at Page's home.  All four members were there while Bonham got so drunk he passed out.  Jones could have tried to stop him like anyone else but that was what Bonzo did.  Page and Plant was not created until many many years later.  Plant did a solo act for a while and Page did gigs with The Firm, and David Coverdale and a solo album before he reunited with Plant.
Jones has largely been involved in producing other bands and anything which does NOT send him on the road.  It's the touring he hates.  As for a Led Zeppelin reunion he has stated many times that it is impossible because one of the members of Led Zeppelin is dead.
I think Page and Plant enjoy occasionally working together but I'd bet they aren't too interested in trying to do a Zep reunion either.

hemihead

I have a friend who have a bootleg movie of a Zep concert in Pittsburgh.He snuck a camera in and filmed it. 1976 I think.
John Paul Jones gets along with everyone in the band he was just not the big party guy like the other 3.Plant and Page don't get along very well.
Plant always blamed Page for the death of his son. Page was into Black Magic supposedly and the band made a deal with the devil for their fame , so the story goes. After the band broke up Page wanted Plant to tour with him but Plant said no so Page got Coverdale and Plant was a little upset about that.
Led Zeppelin was the greatest Rock band in the world - Bar None !
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

nh_mopar_fan

I saw Plant open for the Who a few years back.

The years have not been kind.

Badbob

I saw them in the old Kingdome, I don't remember it.

71bee

Led who???

ya know, back in "the day" (god, I'm starting to really hate that term!) I bought a bunch of thier records, took a ton of mushrooms, acid, pot, booze, blah, blah......still couldn't figure out what the big deal was with these guys.  :rotz:

Shakey

Saw Robert Plant back in the '80's & 90's and then Page & Plant in the '90's sometimes.  Had a great time I'm sure.

BrianShaughnessy

Saw them at the Silverdome in '77.
Most disappointing concert I went to in my life.     There was just too much hype going in to it.   It was the biggest deal of the year as I recall and afterwards it was a let down.   
They came on late and in the middle they did an acoustic set which was rather boring.  I mostly remember my friend getting so wasted he just fell over into a puddle of puke.   
At the end they turned on the house lights real fast and people started evacuating the place - then they came on and started R&R.    Years later I found out they did Trampled Underfoot as another encore...  we were in the car by then.

Google rocks...  this guy has got more fond memories of the event than I.  http://www.oldbuckeye.com/pontiacsilverdome77/ 

Found the songlist from some bootleg site...
The Song remains the same, the Rover / Sick again, Nobody´s fault but mine, In my Time of dying,  Since I´ve been loving you, No Quarter, 10Years gone,the Battle of Evermore, Going to California, Black Country Woman, Bron-Y-Aur -Stomp, White Summer / Black Mountain Side, Kashmir, Out on the Tiles / Moby Dick, Guitar Solo, Achilles lastStand, Stairway to Heaven,Rock´n´Roll, Trampled Underfoot
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Old Moparz

My wife saw them not me, at Madison Square Garden in NYC back in the mid 1970's. She said the show was okay, not the greatest, but one of the loudest she'd been to. (The loudest was The Who at a small place called the Capital Theater in Passaic, NJ) She also said Zep was kind of sloppy live, but not in a real bad way. I'll have to get her to go through a big box of concert photos she has to see if there is any from that show. She literally has over 1000 or so. Back then it was no big deal to bring a camera in & she has pics of so many bands I can't list them.

I'd have liked to have seen them, but I wasn't a big fan of theirs. I liked their first album the most, but I think after hearing the 4th one so much I just tuned them out. ::)
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

axlerod

I saw them at the Portland Memorial Coliseum in the early 70's. Maybe 72 or 73. I was in high school at the time. It was my first concert and I stood right up in front about thirty feet from the stage. I remember Jimmy's guitar playing the most. I've often tried to remember who the opening act was but that memory seems buried too deep.  Led Zepplin is second only to the Beatles in my book...

kidsixpack

They were scheduled for a show in Detroit just after Johns death.  For years I wore a Led Zeppelin jearsey that was stamped CANCELLED.  It was my favorite shirt, but my mom ruined it for me.  Never got t o see them live.  Big regrett!
KIDSIXPACK
69 1/2 Super Bee V2 buckets console 4spd with radio delete.
1987 Grand National Low miles original
1989 TTA Low miles light mods
95 Lightning Light mods
95 Bronco Sport low miles Lifted light mods

Charger1973

From what I have read, I was actually born the day Led Zeppelin played their last concert.  7/7/80

So that would have made it a little hard for me to see them live...   ;)

4cruzin

Quote from: kidsixpack on June 11, 2007, 07:06:22 PM
They were scheduled for a show in Detroit just after Johns death.  For years I wore a Led Zeppelin jearsey that was stamped CANCELLED.  It was my favorite shirt, but my mom ruined it for me.  Never got t o see them live.  Big regrett!
KIDSIXPACK

I ordered tickets for that show . . that never was of course.  A great band for sure.   
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .