News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Where does brake line go on a 68-70 B-body Dana rear end???

Started by Blakcharger440, June 09, 2007, 01:02:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blakcharger440

I am bending up my own brake lines and I am at the rear end.

Can someone post a pic of where the stock brake line goes from driver side to passenger side on a 68-70 B-Body Dana car or any original B Body Dana car.

Chatt69chgr

I need to know the answer the same question that was asked in 2007 and nobody replied on.  Does anyone have a picture of the metal brake lines showing how they are attached on a Dana 60 rear end---68-70 vintage?  I bought a Strange S60 (DANA 60) for my 69 Charger.  The Brake TEE that bolts to the driver's side axle tube is moved over maybe an inch and a half from where it is on the original Dana (toward the drivers side brake backing plate).  So---------Inline Tube's lines shown in their catalog won't work.  I called them and they said I needed to bend some coat hanger or heavy gauge wire up and send it to them and that they would replicate that.  No problem on the driver side tube.  But I don't know right off how the metal brake line was routed around the differential housing.  The old 8-1/4 rear end I have now had the line curving up to the top of the rear differential housing cover and the center bolt had a clip that secured the line.  Is this how the line was routed on the Dana?

Orange Bird

If you have time go looking through the Body & Paint section here. I have been posting pics of my 70 RR. The thread is titled 70 Restoration Process. It has been some time since I updated as I have been tied up with a customers Demon restoration but I am finished now. If I were a betting man it will be on around page 14-18 by now.

You will see my Dana and it has what I believe you want.

Good Luck
Monster Garage Montra - If you can't hear it before you see it, what's the point?

Leave the little people alone!

maxwellwedge

These help?

Chatt69chgr

Maxwellwedge & Orange Bird,

My thanks to each of you.  This is exactly what I needed to know concerning the rear brake line routing.