News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Question about Winged Warriors meet

Started by nitrometal, June 07, 2007, 03:50:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nitrometal

Hey guys,

I have a dilemma  :scratchchin:

I've been planning on going to this years Winged Warriors meet in Concord, NC ever since it was posted.  Meeting the Nascar drivers of our favorite cars, the museums and meeting fellow wing owners is very appealing to me.

But, it just hit me that it's gonna cost me a minimum of $1,000 just for the fuel to go 4,000 miles round trip.  Jeez, that is expensive.  Not to mention lodging, food and every Petty souvenir that I don't already have.  I don't mind putting the miles on the car because it's definitely not a show car.  I just hope that I don't break down in BFE!!!

The wife said don't worry about the money and that I should go because I would love it (yeah, she's awesome!).  But I still can't help but feel guilty going on this trip.

So, all of you guys that have been to one of these meets, what say you?  What would you do in my shoes?

Phil
I love the smell of nitro in the morning.

http://pettysuperbird.com

69_500

Well I'm in about the same situation. I'm going though regardless. I haven't been to a WW national meet since I was probably 10 years old though. So no help on the answers there on if its worth it. To me listening to the stories that are going to be told on Thrusday night, matches any expenses I'll encure.

Highbanked Hauler

If you are going to  one meet this year you won't regret this one!!! I'd be there :brickwall: if I could swing it.
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

Aero426

Possibly a once in a lifetime chance.  Flying in might be an option for you. 

nitrometal

Quote from: DougSchellinger on June 07, 2007, 11:15:14 PM
Flying in might be an option for you. 

Yeah, we discussed that. It would be a lot cheaper (by 2/3 actually).  But, showing off the car is the fun part.  I didn't have anything to do with the build but I'm very proud of this car!

Ghoste

Drive the car, avoid the souvenirs and live on the cheap.  It'll be worth it.

NYCMille

Dude... I've put 10,000 miles on my 68' in the last 6 months... just get in and drive it. Bring your tools, extra fluids and a spare and go. You'll be happy you did.

nitrometal

Quote from: NYCMille on June 08, 2007, 09:27:45 AM
Dude... I've put 10,000 miles on my 68' in the last 6 months... just get in and drive it. Bring your tools, extra fluids and a spare and go. You'll be happy you did.

I've been watching what you've done Mike.  :cheers:
Those Bullruns you've made have really inspired me about how tough these old cars are.

Quote from: Ghoste on June 08, 2007, 08:28:57 AM
Drive the car, avoid the souvenirs and live on the cheap.  It'll be worth it.

Yeah, I bet I can live without all those souvenirs, huh?

Thanks everyone for the words of encouragement.

BigBlockSam

QuoteBring your tools, extra fluids and a spare and go. 

:yesnod: go, life's short. the older ya get the harder is is to do these things.   :drive:  ENJOY!
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

hemi68charger

I've been to Winged Warrior Meets with my C500 and it's a blast...... But, as you mentioned, it's going to be expensive for a weekend of looking at Winged Cars....... Is this going to be held at a track prior to a Cup race or just a regular meet? The two I went to were at Darlington and Talladega, so I got to drive Dana on the track........

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

nitrometal

:yesnod: go, life's short. the older ya get the harder is is to do these things.   :drive:  ENJOY!

Yeah, that's for sure.  I am turning fifty this year.  :o  This would be a nice gift to myself for making it through a half century!  :icon_smile_big:

Ghoste

Quote from: nitrometal on June 08, 2007, 10:18:00 AM
Yeah, I bet I can live without all those souvenirs, huh?

Thanks everyone for the words of encouragement.

Maybe a t-shirt.
Every year I whine about not going to Moparfest in New Hamburg because I'm broke from the Nats which is always the weekend before.  And every year when I start to whine my wife just points to the pile of crap I bring back from Columbus and tells me to hold a yard sale if I'm so broke. :RantExplode:

It would be a nice gift to yourself.  Go.

69_500

A yard sale? That is what I've done all day. Only thing is once everything sells for those  :Twocents: :Twocents:, my wife walks off with the money. So now I don't sell car parts in those, I just wait for swap meets. Oh wait thats right, I don't sell car parts, I tend to just stash them in the attic, garage, and shed.

70charger_boy