News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1965 Coronet Price/Value?

Started by parkerswede, June 03, 2007, 11:07:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

parkerswede

I have a line on a 1965, two-door white Coronet in super shape with a 361 in it. No rust anywhere that I can see, console shift, black interior,etc. Looks to be box stock. Any idea what I should pay? I would post pics, but I haven't figured out how to resized the rather large pics I have. Thanks.

Headrope

Sixty-eights look great and the '69 is fine.
But before the General Lee there was me - Headrope.

Steve P.

Well,,, you don't have to go that far to find some 65' Coronet lovers. We have a few right here.

Your question on value is a tough one. A nice clean 65' Coronet is getting very hard to find. Parts for these are very high and tougher than Charger parts. ALLLLLLLMOST nothing is made aftermarket for these cars. If it's a Coronet 500 it is worth more but even harder to find parts for. Also WAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY more expensive to find, fix and shine the bright work.

2 years ago I paid $7000.00 for my 65'. Then another $2000. to go pick it up in Vegas and bring her home. This car is rust free with just a few real dents. No motor. No tranny. No headliner. No interior chrome. Bad tail panel... Oh, and busted windshield. After paying $5000.00 for a pile of crap a year before, I made sure this one was the real deal.

I sold the old (red), coronet 500 for $3000.00 about 6 months ago. It needed 1/4s badly. No drive train..

The best I can tell you is to see it up close for yourself. Evaluate what it needs. If you are interested in it take tons of close up pics of any and all damage and all brightwork. Send me a PM and I'll look at all and try to give you my best opinion on it..

The black one to your left is my 5th 65' Coronet. 3) 500's, 1) 4-door and 1) 440 hard top. Never had a post or wagon.   YET.... :D
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

parkerswede

Was able to resize one image. Here it is.

hemihead

Back about 93 I bought a nice 65 Coronet 500 for $800. The guy attempted to put a 440 into.I couldn't find any body parts and little mechanical parts even then.I couldn't even find BB engine mounting brackets for it so I put a Wide Block 318 back in it and I loved that car.
I drove it for about 3 years had the Head gasket blow on me. Before I could do anything with it I found myself moving and couldn't take it with me. I could not find one person who wanted it. So I sold it to a junk yard for $35 and I scrapped 2 parts cars worth of extra parts.
I really miss that car.I think I'm going to be sick again.
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

parkerswede

Engine compartment.

parkerswede

Interior pic.

parkerswede

Last one - interior pic. Do have a couple of other views of the exterior.

Steve P.

Quote from: hemihead on June 04, 2007, 11:08:03 PM
Back about 93 I bought a nice 65 Coronet 500 for $800. The guy attempted to put a 440 into.I couldn't find any body parts and little mechanical parts even then.I couldn't even find BB engine mounting brackets for it so I put a Wide Block 318 back in it and I loved that car.
I drove it for about 3 years had the Head gasket blow on me. Before I could do anything with it I found myself moving and couldn't take it with me. I could not find one person who wanted it. So I sold it to a junk yard for $35 and I scrapped 2 parts cars worth of extra parts.
I really miss that car.I think I'm going to be sick again.

Oh my GOD do you need a good beating........................ :spank: 
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Charger1973

Those are good looking cars.  There is a nice looking drag car in town that looks very similar to this year Coronet.  It may be a 65, ill try and grab a picture next time I see it.

Steve P.

Damn, if you don't buy it I will.........

The seats will need to be redone. The centers are way wrong.. They look good, but I am partial to the factory look on the seats and door skins. They were redone also. The person that did them did a damn nice job from what I can see.. Nice and full and tight..  Very nice. Fender tag is gone. Factory A/C is a big plus. Later model big block. I wonder what tranny is in it. (Single or duel cable)??  It has been painted. Look very closely..

Pics of the tail panel up close?? ?? From what I see so far you are looking at big bucks. In person it could be another story. Pics. lie like hell..   TRUST ME.....
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

hemihead

Watch for bondo, it looks white. I still have an instrument cluster and a pair of taillights from a 440 model.
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

parkerswede

A couple of questions. How can you tell its been repainted? What should the seat inserts and door panels look like? Thanks.

Brock Samson

looks like a sweet ride,.. but what's with the vents on the dash,.. after market a/c?..

Steve P.

You have to look for the tell-tale signs of a repaint. Over spray, bolts not quite right, missed areas where you can see the old paint and so on.  Look very hard at the 1/4 panels for mud inside and out. Look hard for rust under the car. Frame rails, trunk floor, inner 1/4's, trunk extensions, floorboards. DO NOT BE IN A RUSH. Everything you miss due to being hurried will cost you.

Send me your email addy. and I will send you some pics. of a correct interior.  I tried to post a few here, but I am a computer idiot and can't seem to do it..  ;)
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Steve P.

The vents on the dash are the factory A/C / defroster vents. This style is only on A/C equipped cars. For non-A/C cars these vents do not exist and it would have the normal defroster slices near the windshield.

From these few pics. I would be on my way to take a much better look. I pass on about 95% of them..
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Lowprofile

Wow! Nice looking ride Bro! 
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

Manfred318

Quote from: Lowprofile on June 05, 2007, 08:45:46 PM
Wow! Nice looking ride Bro!
:iagree: I would buy it if I had the extra cash :yesnod:

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.

Ghoste

And if you buy it, don't go cutting up another grille to clone an A-990 car :icon_smile_big:.
Always liked the 65 cars.

rarefish

Here is a pic of a 65 Coronet 500 convert. that I bought 5 yrs ago for $7200. I sold it 6 mouths later for $9200 and now I wished I had kept it. :'(
It also had a 361-2 engine.

Steve P.

Quote from: rarefish on June 07, 2007, 03:39:15 AM
Here is a pic of a 65 Coronet 500 convert. that I bought 5 yrs ago for $7200. I sold it 6 mouths later for $9200 and now I wished I had kept it. :'(
It also had a 361-2 engine.

And now you couldn't touch that car for less than $25000.00....  She's a beauty....
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida