News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Got some new shoes....what do ya think?

Started by DC_1, June 03, 2007, 08:17:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TripleBlackGator

What springs are under the car now? I had Super Stock springs under mine since about 1985 or so. I got tired of the rear end being so high and having to crank the torsion bars up to level things out. I put the stock leaf springs back under it and lowered the front with the torsion bars. There is nearly a 2" height difference between the 245/45 17 front and the 295/45 18 rear. Lower the rear as much as you can ( without rubbing) to "swallow" the 295's upper sidewall. This will help give it a more modest stance. 
Malicious, vindictive, spiteful, cynical, pessimistic, sarcastic, & antagonistic. And those are my good traits!

autodynamics

:2thumbs: :METAL: :punkrocka: very nice.........................love the pro touring look.......!!!! now take some turns and you will never put the old steelies back on... congrats!

autodynamics

Quote from: TripleBlackGator on June 05, 2007, 07:51:07 AM
What springs are under the car now? I had Super Stock springs under mine since about 1985 or so. I got tired of the rear end being so high and having to crank the torsion bars up to level things out. I put the stock leaf springs back under it and lowered the front with the torsion bars. There is nearly a 2" height difference between the 245/45 17 front and the 295/45 18 rear. Lower the rear as much as you can ( without rubbing) to "swallow" the 295's upper sidewall. This will help give it a more modest stance. 
" exaclty"!!!!!!

Goldfinger71

Nice! :yesnod:
In my opinion wheels and tires REALLY can make or break a car! :yesnod:
1971 Charger R/T   GY9 Dark Gold Metallic, V1Y Gold Top, GY4 Light Gold Interior- A/C, Rimblow, PW, Front Disc, AM-FM, Tach, Light Package, Slotted Tips, Trailer Tow Package(MIA)and a few other odds and ends...including a luggage rack!

PocketThunder

Quote from: Sydmoe on June 03, 2007, 08:17:44 PM
I go tthese at Xmas time and only now got around to putting them on. The wife refused to go on any rides with me because she said the car looked like an old man shoukd be driving it.  For you mopar purist I still have the steelies and will probably go back and forth between these and them.

Let me know your thoughts.

btw....they are Boyd Codington JYDs and are 18" rear and 17" front

Holy Smokes Batman.  :o :o :o. Those things are sick!  :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Silver R/T

kinda reminds me of new dodge truck wheels
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

bull

Whatever. ::)

They do look similar to Mr. Angry's shoes though.

DC_1

Quote from: Silver R/T on June 06, 2007, 06:40:10 PM
kinda reminds me of new dodge truck wheels

WOW!....your right!....they are both round and have rubber on them. I never noticed that before........just kidding!

autodynamics

runningman

I am looking at getting the same ones as well........Have any other pics?  Front and back views...thanks  matt

Brock Samson

:scratchchin: i'd like to see some more pics too,.. maybe front rear and side shots on level ground...  :yesnod:

Leonidas Rex

Quote from: Sydmoe on June 04, 2007, 06:15:08 PM
Quote from: Rondo68 on June 04, 2007, 10:52:22 AM
Can u tell me what size rubber u have? and setbacks? Thanks!!

Sure

Rear is 18x10 with 4,5" backspace. 295,45,18 tire
Front is 17x8 with 4,5"-----"-------. 245,45,17 tire

Tahnks you for posting the specs. I like how they fill the wells. How is the ride?