News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Air bags on a Charger?

Started by bull, June 02, 2007, 02:10:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

Anyone here use air bags on their Charger? Do they work pretty good?

Oh, by the way, I mean for the suspension not the middle of the steering wheel. :icon_smile_big: Something like this: http://www.ridetech.com/wizard/results.asp?year=1968&make=Dodge&model=Charger

Silver R/T

its ok if you're into lowriders but it wouldn't be any good at drag racing with air suspension imo
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

bull

Lowriders? What are you talking about?

moparguy01

lowriders use hydraulics not airbags usually. Sorry Bull, i've never used them personally.

Finn

I feel the :eek2: looks coming...

I plan on using an airsuspension from Air Ride lol....

Before you tar and feather me Ill let you know how I like them and get a couple videos.
Should be placing the order with year one this week...

1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

Mike DC

Not my thing. 

Personally I think the car looks dorky if it's sitting low enough to need air bags.

Charger_Fan

:iagree:

But, if you're gonna bag it, you may as well "Lambo" it too. :smilielol:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

racecharger

Lambo doors on a charger?  Is that for real.. who would do such of thing :shruggy:

charger2fast4u

i'll be bagging my charger and adding a 4 link rear when i get into the suspension part from what ive heard and seen air suspension gives you better handling then the stock setup i like the looks of it to can set it to what ride hight you want and drop it down at car shows alot of muscle cars are getting air suspension now

Finn

Quote from: charger2fast4u on April 10, 2008, 04:50:26 PM
i'll be bagging my charger and adding a 4 link rear when i get into the suspension part from what ive heard and seen air suspension gives you better handling then the stock setup i like the looks of it to can set it to what ride hight you want and drop it down at car shows alot of muscle cars are getting air suspension now

Pretty much why I'm doing it, for the ride and being able to adjust it. It's not to make it into a "lowrider" and personally I cant stand the lambo doors on the charger.
I think Popular Hot Rodding had an article testing the performance of a ?chevelle? with the air suspension setup and it did really well.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

Finn

2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

bull

Quote from: Finn on April 10, 2008, 07:19:52 PM
heres the link to the article:

http://www.popularhotrodding.com/tech/0804phr_air_ride_technolodies_suspension/index.html

Whoa. Nice article but that's a lot more involved than I was thinking of. I was just thinking about putting a pair or air springs in back.

Mike DC

I'm still not really a fan even if it performs well. 

It still seems like a lot of retrofitting & changing things just for the sake of having airbags.  For that kind of money, I fail to see the big advantage over what you could get from a good spring/shock/swaybar change in the stock suspension layout. 

Finn

year one has several bolt on kits from air ride tech...

;)
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

studio57

i have airbag`s=Shockwaves on my chevelle and it run 11.2s 1/4miles with muffles and street tires... i really love those... i just might add them to my charger as well.
572 Aluminum Hemi + 6speed autom. 1968 Charger XV-motorsports Level II suspension.

noff57

I love air ride. But make sure they are bags and not cylinders "ruff ride with cylinders".  :2thumbs:

HPP

The air ride set up actually gives you the best of all worlds. With the new preset buttons, you can set one pressure for street cruising, another for competition, and have a car that performs well in all circumstances. These are nothing like hydraulics or air shocks. However, they are a expensive upgrade with requires a fair amount of fab work to get installed.

elitecustombody

Quote from: noff57 on October 08, 2010, 10:30:41 AM
I love air ride. But make sure they are bags and not cylinders "ruff ride with cylinders".  :2thumbs:

No,let me fix it for you, make sure they are Shockwaves, not air bags or cylinders

AMD-Auto Metal Direct  Distributor, email me for all your shetmetal needs

Stefan

1974dodgecharger

so any forum members air bagged their chargers?