News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

ring gap ?

Started by srpntlair1, May 31, 2007, 05:30:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

srpntlair1

I am unsure on my ring gap and what to cut to.  stock specs them at 13 to 23 thou. I know to throw that number out. 440 source says 17 to 20 on compression ring and 20 to 23 on second ring. sealed power says 20 on compression ring and 16 on second. as I bought the 400 to 451 stroker kit complete from 440 source, but the rings are sealed power rings in the kit I am not sure where to go. it will be normally aspirated, no NOS or blower nor do i plan any in the future so whose specs do i go to or just split down the middle?

supserdave

I'd call Brandon at 440 source, if anyone would know for sure it would be him.

John_Kunkel

Go by the piston manufacturer's recommendation, some pistons (like KB) need gaps that are different than the norm.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

firefighter3931

Quote from: John_Kunkel on June 01, 2007, 03:24:44 PM

Go by the piston manufacturer's recommendation, some pistons (like KB) need gaps that are different than the norm.

:iagree:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs